ecu or piggy back chips?

mohsan

whats better a uprated ecu such as a apexi power fc or a dastek unichip, and in relation to bettering mpg.As the pulsars running rich problem is a big problem for every one. Im sure theyl both be better then standard ecu once properly set, but surely one must be better then the other

I

Innovate Performance

mohsan said:
whats better a uprated ecu such as a apexi power fc or a dastek unichip, and in relation to bettering mpg.As the pulsars running rich problem is a big problem for every one. Im sure theyl both be better then standard ecu once properly set, but surely one must be better then the other
They are all quite good it just depends how they are set up and how much money you want to spent.
The power FC or the Greddy emanage is close to you best bet or you can go for stand alone and you will not need the Z32 AFM and with some systems a boost control kit is avalible.

The cars can be mapped for better mpg but you will alway use loads of fuel if you are trying for more power.

The choice is up to you at the end of the day i have mapped both the emanage and the power FC along with stand alones and they all have there pros and cons.

Hope this helps you a bit.

Regards

James

A

AJ4

Just buy an adjustable fuel pressure regulator (about £60 ) and lower the fuel pressure ;)

P

pimppulsar

it depends how much you wanna spend and mod your car?
at 1 bar i just had a fuel pressure regulator and boost controler and it was fine, but when i went to 1.2bar i added a HKS super AFR and an APEX-i super ITC which was ok and did for a while but was no good for more boost as the ecu kept shutting down!!
so when forgies went in so did a power fc and the drivabillity, throttle response, off boost driving improved loads and so did mpg!