Ecu Options?

stugtir

right my car has just had an MOT and it failed on the emissions 2 1/2 times over the legal limit! :shock:

ive currently got the apexi avcr and the safc, thing is the feckers need setting up to sort out the over fuelling problem,now i was thinking i would like to change my set up for a power fc or a unichip of sum sort1 :?

ive never realy got on with the avcr and as i have a brand new greddy bspec 2 controller i would like to use this as i think its alot more user freindly!

ive done a search but cant find any reveiws on what people thought was the best option!

im not aiming for big power as id rather concentrate on the handling of the car,so 320bhp would be nice and a good torque curve :)

so whats best value for money POWER FC or UNICHIP :?:

stu

stugtir

the spec of my car is as follows

garrett GT28rs
r33 front mount with custom 2.5 inch pipe run
3 inch straight inlet
blitz sonic power filter with cold air feed
walbro fuel pump
hks s40i plugs
avcr
safc
hks cerametallic clutch

so i think other than perhaps injector the engine is a good base!

i just want it setup to make the most of what i have! ive heard of somone runnin 20psi on a standard engine with a power fc so is the way to go? :shock:

stu

A

Anonymous

stugtir said:
i just want it setup to make the most of what i have! ive heard of somone runnin 20psi on a standard engine with a power fc so is the way to go? :shock:
think your cheapest option is to get the avc-r and the saf-c set up properly by someone who knows what they are doing.the saf-c and the avc-r will do a decent job,only not as good as an alternate ecu.with the cheaper ecu's,you'll need some sort of boost controller anyway :shock:

once you have the controllers set up properly and maybe noted the settings,all you need do is take some fuel out via the saf-c just before you get tested and the car will get thru the emmissions test :D

the car won't run very smoothly but you will get thru :D

stugtir

im not worried about spending the wonga, its just i dont really like how ther mounted on the dash either and a power fc gives u alot more scope for the future if i ever do decide to go further!

if i was too keep the avcr safc where would u recomend getting the things setup properly! as i heard so many horror stories latly its a job to know who is trustworthy!

im located in portsmouth but i dont mind a couple of hours drive tio go somewhere that is good!

stu

M

Mr Overboooost

stu if you want to just get through the MOT disconnect the safc and link pins 1&4 on the connector cos this is where those two wires splice into the airflow meter.
this will return your fueling to the standard map in the ecu so with any luck you will get through next time.
remember to turn your boost down aswell to .8 at the same time.

cheers
gary

A

Anonymous

stugtir said:
im not worried about spending the wonga, its just i dont really like how ther mounted on the dash either and a power fc gives u alot more scope for the future if i ever do decide to go further!

if i was too keep the avcr safc where would u recomend getting the things setup properly! as i heard so many horror stories latly its a job to know who is trustworthy!

im located in portsmouth but i dont mind a couple of hours drive tio go somewhere that is good!

stu
only person that set mine up was DP in warrington but that's a bit more than a couple of hours drive.

there must be someone down there that can do it,suggestions anybody :?:

LOU ROB

oap-r said:
stugtir said:

stu
only person that set mine up was DP in warrington but that's a bit more than a couple of hours drive.

there must be someone down there that can do it,suggestions anybody :?:
I have to agree with mr spence on this one 8)

stugtir

so far the tuners that come to mind are

pts luton
interpro
norris designs
abby motorsport
tuning japanese
powerstation

these are the only tuners who i can think of that are in reasonable traveling distance! so where should i go any veiws on this would be appreciated.

stu

A

Anonymous

stugtir said:
so far the tuners that come to mind are

pts luton
interpro
norris designs
abby motorsport
tuning japanese
powerstation

these are the only tuners who i can think of that are in reasonable traveling distance! so where should i go any veiws on this would be appreciated.
TJ-loads of really bad press about them :wink:
powerstation-didn't think they LOWERED themselves to deal with apexi :wink: