ecu.. maping

baby_pulsar

hi guys

ive had my R for a while know, been of road for a long time and know back on the road. since i had bought the car, it came with a mines ecu,.

from what i know, tuning a mines is hard since not alot of people dont tunes them

any other ways i can map my car.. any one here know some one who can help me set everything up

cheers

Animaldaz

Your probably better off having a nistune daughter board fitted, if your anywhere near surrey then Ed will do a sterling job.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Your probably better off having a nistune daughter board fitted, if your anywhere near surrey then Ed will do a sterling job.
Agreed. Unless you have a good reason to be going for something like a Motec/Haltech/Autronic ECU, I think the Nistune daughter-board is the best option. - People do; they are much better for racing and let you run things like MAP sensors instead of MAF. It's just overkill on a road car in my opinion.

baby_pulsar, basically it's a board that goes into the ECU in replacement of the standard maps. The standard ECU is completely locked and un-writeable, so you need to "chip" it (in this case it's more than one chip) if you want to be able to re-map it.
Without knowing Ed's pricing structure, it's probably a £300 job; about £150 for the board plus the installation and mapping... but don't quote me on that.
He can also now throw in launch control for an extra £50 if I remember right.

The Mines ECU is an adjusted version of the standard ECU; it is mapped for 1.2 bar of boost and has a slightly higher redline too (and is locked there, just like the standard ECU).
They're a good drop-in solution if you want more power, but don't want to have to map it.... but that also means you can't change it.

Actually, that might cause you problems with Nistune... the best bet is to sell it, buy a standard one, and get that chipped and mapped. Unless someone knows better that is. - Just seems like a waste of a premium item to me.

baby_pulsar

how do i get hold of edd? lol am in no rush, just want to do my research and i want my car up and running for summer

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
thanks dude, that was some good info there:thumbsup:
Maybe, but we'll wait and see how many people tell me that I've got it all wrong and am giving out dodgy advice again.

I forgot about the A'Pexi PowerFC as an option. People like them, but they do seem to cause a lot of trouble too.