ebay manifold again

mattytappy

listen guys and gals....i know this subject has been broached many times before but has anyone.....cough, cough,:oops: bought one of those zenarracing manifolds off of ebay as they actually look alot better shape than the 2fast2cool heeps off poo.....wondered if any one has actualy tried and tested one.....cheap as well in comparison....those 2 fast2cool one are well out of shape at the exhaust exit by about half an inch on two of the ports and ive been messing around reshaping the ports to match the gasket shape but for the money there asking for these thought it might be worth a punt.:roll:

Last edited:

Trip

The reason no one has yet posted any comments, either because they are too shy to admit they bought one or because it cracked before the could post any comments about it.

P

pulsarboby

howdy you wee nipper:lol:
ok i bought one around 3 weeks ago and aint ashamed to admitt it.
half this gear all comes from the same place anyways so theres no reason why that is any better or worse than any of these other chinese copies out on the market.

but 3 weeks and still not recieved it:roll: , and i only bought it as some one wanted one, and asked me to get it for them. so cant say at the moment how the ports line up or whether they crack or not, but thats nothing that a bit of bracing wont cure.

if i wanted one for my car i wouldnt hesitate in buying one and fitting it, as its only £110 delivered and for that price i would take a gamble, if it falls apart then i would just laugh at it and chuck it in the scrap bin:lol: :lol:

EVOBAD

these are the same manifolds ashills tested for a guy called kevb he is testing suspension at the moment now i bought one of him for cheap but he is selling them now for £200 so nice little profit

Braveheart

That's interesting info Evo... I was waiting for the results of the testing for Kev's manifold before getting one... hmmm!

EVOBAD

not fitted my yet it looks ok but it def same as the abay mani for £89 but iv noticed a few on ebay with buy it now for £329 nice profit

KF79GTIR

EVOBAD said:
these are the same manifolds ashills tested for a guy called kevd he is testing suspension at the moment now i bought one of him for cheap but he is selling them now for £200 so nice little profit

Thats nice to know i pmd him last week and asked on the development of them as that is what he said he was doing this is the reply i got.......

Hi,

They are still in development, the manifolds will be first, once I get a slot to do a run with my own stronger design.

I'll probably sort a group buy once they are on the way here.

Kevd

As like bob i have bought one and with some simple braces across the mandrel bends and to the ports it should hold up but for £110 its got to be worth a try i wont know what its like until i get mine back on the road, the one thing that did help me make the decision to buy it was that is made by autobahn88 the same as the intercooler kits on the market and there has been no known problems with there products yet that i have heard of..

EVOBAD its kevd

EVOBAD

i no for a fact that the cheap manifold are on hold at moment as they hav had so many orders ther is no a waiting list as i spoke to them 3-4weeks waiting list so thats why kevd manifolds are still in devolments

mattytappy

so all in all it sound quite promising.....may just have to give it apunt;-) ...ha ha...its like you say bob...if its crap bin it and laugh at that money......anyone interested in a 2fast2cool manfold yours for a bargain price of £300 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...keep us posted on this one will ya bob....be intererested in how they perform.....?

P

pulsarboby

will let you know matty, thats if i ever get the bl00dy thing. think the guy that wants it fitted is getting fedup with my excuses, and cant blame him tbh!
they told me 2 weeks just checked when i bought it and its now almost a month ago, so just sent them a nice little pm:lol: to remind them.

P

pulsarboby

finally got it today and lets just say DO NOT waste your money!
they are truly crap:lol: one of the drill holes is right on the edge of the main plate and actually through to the outer edge.
the welds to the inner part are diabolical
the ports do not line up properly it truly is a pile of shite:doh:
ive refused to fit this to the guys car after hes waited so long for it, but instead i have offered to port out his existing manifold as he will lose performance by having this stainless one fitted, but luckily enough he understands what im telling him.

ive contacted zenaracing and told them how shoddy they are so we will see what happens!
they actually come from autobahn88 so zena probably havent even seen them as there mailed straight on to there prospective buyers with there bit added on no doubt.

so moral of the story is......dont waste your money on them;-)

KF79GTIR

Looks like when i get mine it will go straight on flebay then. I knew i should have waited till some one had one first.

P

pulsarboby

thats what i was thinking of doing kev, but tbh whoever buys it will only leave me bad feedback! so think i may just hang it up in the workshop to remind myself of what a pratt i was for ordering it in the first place:lol: :lol:
im trying to think of another usefull purpose for it, like making a weird instrument out of it or turning it into a boat anchor:lol:

you never know though, perhaps i just got a duff one, your one maybe salvagable with a little work

mattytappy

cheers for letting us know on that one bobby...;-) guess i will keep fiddling with th 2crap2expensive one i already mugged myself into buying eh:lol: ....been flashing the ports out and trying to get them the same shape as the exhaust exits in the hope that it might fit properly...as when i first put it on the performance went drasticaly down hill....and after takin it off you can see why the difference in shape is way off.....:doh: live and learn eh

Keira

mattytappy said:
live and learn eh
live and learn indeed.

i mean really, who'd have ever thought that some cheapo pile of cr@p ebay manifold would turn out to be exactly just that :lol:

GTiR_Mic

Just watch when you buy stuff like this off e-bay to be honest.

I was stung a few times for buying E-bay Parts.

The manifold I got was OK, it lasted a while but after a couple of months it cracked. Wasn't properly braced.

If you want a new mani there is a company in Newcastle called AAS and they will make one to suit (Exhaust as well) Sure it was going to cost me about £500.

Mic

T

th3k3ymast3r

Well I got one from JPerformance, wasn't happy with it and consequently never installed it and at a loss as to how to get rid of it unless like everyone I find another use for it. Like pulsarboby said; if I decide to sell on ebay they'd only give bad feedback.

http://www.hpi.co.jp/products/exhaust/em/ these are really good quality but at a very steep price @ £751! but at least developed by a genuine D1 racing team! and no can't justify buying them at that price hehe

Last edited by a moderator: