Eagle conrods correct bearings needed

1&onlygti-r

Wish i never brought these now but they are already fitted.
can someone tell me the correct bearing to use with these rods as its playing on my mind a bit. I have the gtir bearings in, not sure if they are correct. Not sure if im getting a bit of knocking from them or it my just be fuel knock as im overfueling a bit. thanks

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
You can use Eagle Rods with the GTiR... Just a case of using the correct bearing... FACT!....

Rishi

P

powerfreack

theres a fair amount of things telling you that they are not sutable but like said before they will work

i think the ones you have will be the 200sx ones which theres only 2mm difrence between the 2 cars

EVOBAD

u can use the gtir bearing just get the rod machined so the grov is on the other side,dont use the 200sx bearing as u might as wel use strd rods with arp bolts

J

jpward

Sorry to jump on your thread mate but would shot peen rods be anywhere near as good for say <350bhp?

J

jpward

stevepudney said:
My standard rods + ARP bolts have seen 430 at 7.5 k loads of times.
Ok sounds good Steve thought the rebuild list was gona grow :doh:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
When you get all your bits machined get the crank and rods test for cracks and straightness. Also worth getting the main bearing journal line bored if you getting the crank reground. Everything will definately be straight then.

Get ALL the rotating mass well balacned as well. If you have access to courier services, the best engine balancer I found was Bassett Down Balancing in Swindon.

J

jpward

stevepudney said:
When you get all your bits machined get the crank and rods test for cracks and straightness. .
Humm i'll get my bro to x-ray mine me thinks ;-)

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
You'll be able to see cracks with an X-ray but how is that going to check the crank and main bearing journals are straight :?

J

jpward

stevepudney said:
You'll be able to see cracks with an X-ray but how is that going to check the crank and main bearing journals are straight :?
Well he works for a company that makes alloy heads and blocks so im sure he can get one of the engineers to have a look at it on the QT :lol:

boucherie

sorry to drag up an old thread but are the Eagle con rods worth getting then when carryout a rebuild. I appreciate that they will need to have slight modifications made but i imagine any engine builder worth there salt will be able to do this.

How much would you expect to pay to have the crank checked for straightness and getting the head bolts and standard con rods shotpeened as well as im just weighing up various options at the minute

the eagle con rods im looking at are these ones http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...STRK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=8066979162&rd=1,1

ashills

eagle rods have been known to take 700bhp so are a nice to have mod that will add strength to the engine

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
boucherie said:
How much would you expect to pay to have the crank checked for straightness and getting the head bolts and standard con rods shotpeened as well as im just weighing up various options at the minute
I know this won't be a lot of help but,if the crank is ok,it'll only be an hour or so of labour to get it checked.If the crank needs a grind or the block needs line bored,you could be anything up to £400.

The std rods are very good and quite robust.Shot peening them will take out any surface imperfections and make them slightly stronger still but you won't really gain that much.I think Ivan Tomic had well over 400bhp on std rods,in fact it might have been 500bhp.

If you're going for a rebuild anyway,just get a set of ARP head studs.If you get them from the right place,they are only just over £100 and they really are nice bits of kit :thumbsup:

J

jpward

boucherie said:
sorry to drag up an old thread but are the Eagle con rods worth getting then when carryout a rebuild. I appreciate that they will need to have slight modifications made but i imagine any engine builder worth there salt will be able to do this.

the eagle con rods im looking at are these ones http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...STRK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=8066979162&rd=1,1
Just to add another question in the mix would these be 19 or 17mm as i believe there is a difference in the bearings :?