dumpvalve dont make any noise

A

andrewnorton

my forge dumpvalve don't dump on my car. im running low boost 0.85bar fast guys running the same and the dumpvalve works on his R iv just received a yellow spring from forge today so i opened the dv to fined a blue spring so i then swap the spring with the new yellow one fit it on my car still no dump......................the only sound heard is the waste gate chatter iv had a look at the pipe setup and they look and are set up ok the cars boosting ok just don't dump any ideas

C

chrislloydus

have you connected the top of the DV to a vacuum source !?!?
You didnt mention it ? If you can hear chatter thats BAD as its not really the wastgate - its actually the compressor wheel stalling in the pressurised air coming back from the throttle body. Not good. Take a photo of your install !
When you took the DV apart was the piston smooth in the chamber ?......and did you put it back together OK ?

Chris

LeeSmith

isn't there a pipe that creates alot less vacuum than the other?? I heard something like this when mine went tits up after a garage changed my transfer box. After they had put the engine back together they put the pipe with the least amount of vacuum on the HKS dump valve I got. All I heard was a little tickle/chatter. I took it back, they played around with the little screw on the back and it didn't really change much.

They swapped the pipes around on it and now it makes your ears bleed :-D

You should hear it on the rolling road! U can't stand next to it, it's mental. Good luck!!

G

GODZUKI

SOUND........D/P FORGE

I HAD MY FORGE D/P FITED AND COULD NOT HEAR A SOUND
EVAN WHEN I CHARGED GEARS AT 7000RPM..... :oops:

ABOUT WEEK AND HALF LATER I GOT A SOUND A SMALL SOUND
NOW I HAVE HAD IT FOR ABOUT A MONTH AND IT IS STARTING
TO GET LOUD I THINK MAYBE A WEEK OR TWO OF
BOOTING SHOULD MAKE IT RIGHT :twisted: