Dump Valve not working

Dan_GTiR

Hi guys, I require your help.

My dump valve isn't working, I have a Turbosmart Vee Port, I think the vacuum pipe from the dump valve is in the wrong place.

Could you please tell me where is should be connected to. I know it has to go after the throttle bodies but not sure where (pics if poss.)

Also should it work if I just rev the engine whilst parked on the drive?

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers

Dan. :)

geetee

You have to be pretty heavy on the revs if you want it to dump whilst stationary.

Did it work before?

Did you just fit it?

Dan_GTiR

Just fitted this one.

Had a Forge one on before, even that didn't work. Just made a chirpping sound no ppshhtt like a dump valve does.

The car had the engine rebuilt about six months ago just before I bought it. Even though I know the mechanic who built it, he is not very good when it comes to putting pipes back on in the right place, forgets to tighten jubilee clips up etc.

I know the Turbosmart dump valve works as I had it on my previous car. Like I said above, I wonder if he has not put the vacuum pipe back on in the right place.

Also the reason I asked to see if it worked whilst stationary is that my clutch is pooped (waiting to get some money together :( ) so I can't drive it.

Any info will be grateful.

Cheers

sypher

Ok, are you using the stock pipe that was on the recirc' valve for the BIG pipe if not is it blanked off, and what about the small pipe as you should be able to use this and then all good

if you are undure of correct piping (like mine was) i would use the stock BIG pipe and find a small pipe for the release of preasure, this must be after the throttles from memory there is one on branch no 4 near the bottom also is your stock engine/boost pressure gauge ok if so you can T into the small pipe of this for your BOV small pipe

Dan_GTiR

I am using the original BIG pipe that comes off the underside of the plenum, the recirc' pipe back to the airfilter inlet pipe is blocked off. But I'm still a little unsure of where the vacuum pipe should be connected to.

I have traced the vacuum pipe back to the black box you can see at the top of this pic.

Is this the correct location for the vacuum pipe?

Please advise.

Cheers

sypher

yep factory position is the second down (horizontal)

sorry forgot to say, think its the first big one as the one above it is for the boost sensor (interior gauge) and is smaller diamator

geetee

As you're stationary trying to test it out you may not have a very satisfactory dump :lol:

Usually just sitting there and revving it you don't get much boost... unless you plant your foot at idle and let it whizz round to about 6K rpm before letting off completely. What a very nasty thing to do to the car :( It's really not very good for the engine to do that with no load.

How much boost does your guage read when you are trying this out?

Cheers
GeeTee 8)