Dump Valve noise

S

Stoned

Righto

Now I got my DV working i'm thinking it sounds a bit naff! (I know, I never stop complaining :lol: )

It's a SARD BOV which apparently should sound the bollox. Basically the dump sounds like a really low rush of air, instead of a more chirpy hiss like most of the Dump Valves I have heard up until now.

Does adjusting the spring tension also adjust the note?

You can hardly even hear it with the radio on :roll:

Keira

my mates got the sard r2d2 on his s13 and that kinda hisses aswell so its not just yours,

My granny scarer makes all sorts of noises, under minimal load/boost it wont open and you just hear air through the tubby, bit more boost and it will hiss and tisscchhh, at full boost it will wake the dead :lol:

youngsyp

You could try winding the the screw out a bit. It will put less tension on the spring meaning the valve will open at lower boost and offer generally less resistance to the piston. It may then become louder :wink:

mattygti-r

also seeing as its just started working it becomes louder as the more boost you put throu it and when it starts to be run in for a while

S

Stoned

mattygti-r said:
also seeing as its just started working it becomes louder as the more boost you put throu it and when it starts to be run in for a while
:D

I see lots of pointless journeys ahead!

R

r5ben

did someone say on a post the other day that there was a better place to take the feed from for the bov ?? making it sound better ? :roll:

S

Stoned

No, it was my post and it was about taking the vacumn line from somewhere so that it actually made a sound full stop