Dump valve decision?

J

Jonno

Hi guys,
I read an article with this reference about the SARD R2D2 dump valve:IF YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT SARD R2D2, THEN IT IS A RIGHT CHOICE... I HAVE TRIED HKS,APEXI, GREDDY, FORGE.. AND FIND SARD BEST OF ALL, GRAB IT!!!
Decided that it was convincing enough that I would like to purchase one but cannot locate one on any of the sites that I have searched on.
Can anybody possibly advise me on a site that can supply me with one for my GTIR please :?:

would appreciate any ideas on whether this dump valve is a good choice as the car has had a boost upgrade by the previous owner and is running at 14 psi, I have only had the car for a month but have no idea what d/v is fitted at the moment and neither did the last owner, it looks very basic!

cheers :!:

:? :?

skiddusmarkus

What did they base the test on?Looks,sound,performance?If you fit a BOV,try and get one that can recirc as the car will run rich otherwise and lose you performance,use more fuel and risk borewash.

J

Jonno

Now you mention it I am sure they were basing it on sound and not specifically performance, is there a particular BOV kit that you could possibly recommend to me, I would rather have one that took care of the performance overall, p.s: I'm going to get it set up on a rolling road soon so would it be an advantage to get a fully adjustable one and have it set up there :?:

any advise would be grateful as I am very new to the vehicle as I'm sure you can tell :!:

:? :?

skiddusmarkus

They're all pretty similar.Get a twin piston one at the least.The HKS SSQV sounds good and you can buy recirc adapters off ebay(funkyproducts.com)to send the gases back into the induction pipe.You still get the noise(muted)and performance/running doesn't suffer.

J

J-GTi-R

Or get a 2nd hand Sheepdog like I have (nice one Skiddus :wink: ) which both recirculates and vents to atmosphere, so you get the best of both worlds.

skiddusmarkus

I think there's another one on ebay at the moment-not sure what kind though.Search under prof&BOV in items available to the UK.

J

J-GTi-R

That one doesn't have the recirc outlet pipe on it, also the fitting pipe looks far too small for the dump valve hose on the GTi-R (that could be fixed though).

J

Jonno

Thanx very much guy's, I will be sure to let you know how I get on with the 2nd hand sheepdog and not forgetting the dump valve of course :D

Just one other thing, are the recirc' adapters pretty standard ie: can they all be made to fit :?:
I just know it is probably the stupidest question but I have to ask it, sorry :!:

J

Jonno

Just to let you know I found the HKS SSQV dump valve kit on (CARS.POTN.COM) which I found to be the only site that specifies this particular dump valve for the GTI-R, (FUNKYPRODUCT.CO.UK) were able to supply me with the re-circ' adapter which will be with me in the next 3-5 working days :!:

thanks for your advice guy's :wink: