drivers door problems!

C

chris-b

been like this since i had the car :( , but wanna sort it soon as it pi**es me right off.
the drivers door doesnt sit properly in its apperture. the front facing edge going along the edge of the screen has double the gap compared with the pass side. when opening the door it drops slightly and the reall bummer is the welds on the hinges are loose-not loads but there is movement. obviously the wind noise is terrible and it bangs and flutters all the time- suppose its a good thing to keep my licence as anything over 70 mph would make your ears bleed!
my q's is has anyone else come across this and any suggestions- and no i dont need a new seal! :D :lol:
thanks!
chris

I

Innovate Performance

your door needs realigning you best bet is a bodyshop as they do this day in day out.

O

one Gti-R

Unfortunatly it is a common problem that the GTI-R doors drop.

I think it was a slight fault the doors are just too heavy for the hindges.

You can replace the hindges but its a pain in the ass because the doors are so heavy.

If you getting alot of wind noise this can be fixed.

what you need to do is open the door put you knee into the door just above the elbow rest grab the top corner of the door and pull the top corner back towards yourself.

this will bend the top of the door back into shape and will stop the wind noise in most cases.

Obviously don't give it too hard of a time as you don't want to damage it, you just need to get the top corner to come in a few mm so the seals do their job properly.

C

chris-b

twhen u say realighing-there is no adjustment for this. the striker catch cannot be moved so what do you mean? the catch side of the door fits flush but its that forward edge.
i have tried a little tweeking with the top edge and its suprisingly stiff for an old been tin!
i will try some more though.
thanks one!
anyone else-any ideas? :idea: :?:

mohsan

door

YEH I GOT THE SAME problem too. my mechanic man tightens my door for me that gets rid of the noise but yeh it drops again!