downpipe

thehybridsnail

hey there need a down pipe, but my current one only has a flange where it joins the elbow, its sleeved where it meets the rest of the exhaust. and ideas,or solutions. many thanks

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Eh? It fits the standard elbow (so three bolts and a conical join), but I don't understand what you mean about it being sleeved. - Can you post a picture?
I'd guess you're just talking about the flexi; you need something there so that the system can bend rather than snapping.

Are you looking for second-hand or new; uprated or standard? - There are a few options. I think it's pretty easy to get a new HKS one, but it's mild steel.

P

pulsarboby

basically he needs a mongoose dp we had none in stock

he has a stock downpipe which has seen better days

thehybridsnail

yp certainly had better days. am i not right in thinking that it didnt have a flange after the flexipipe, it was the dp sleeved inside the next pipe with an xexhaust clamp round it?? all the mongoose ones i have seen have flanges either end?? cheers

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Yep, Mongoose's (mongii? mongeeses?) are flanged both ends.
Pobody, sleeved is a standard exhaust join where one pipe slides inside the other, same way the mongoose tail pipe joins to the system.

Standard cat is flanged, so either you need to change your system or buy some bits and make your own up if you still have a flanged cat you're trying to join onto.

http://www.jetex.co.uk/website/jetexcustomexhaustparts.php

ollydj

i have a full system if interested? mongoose inc silenced de-cat, with 3 1/2" tail pipe, all stainless steel

pm me if interested.

johnsy

I have a goose dp forsale in the forsale section,think I said 60 quid delivered.there s pic too

Thanks dan

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Pobody, sleeved is a standard exhaust join where one pipe slides inside the other, same way the mongoose tail pipe joins to the system.

Standard cat is flanged, so either you need to change your system or buy some bits and make your own up if you still have a flanged cat you're trying to join onto.
That's why I was confused. - I've always had a decat in the system, so I've always had a flanges on the end of the down pipe... which includes the standard downpipe. I would have thought it was better to leave them like that and just bolt it together; you can then swap between decat and a silenced decat.

The easiest solution is to take johnsy up on his (it's even got the boss for a wideband in it already which saves you the effort if you want to install one).