DON'T TAKE R's TO NISSAN(TEMP SENSOR)fans on all time 2 help

N

NISM0

TOOK R TO NISSAN TODAY, thay told me thay didn't have time to re wire temp sender circuit, there machine did pick up the fault but thay would not do the work(thanx nissan you#$^#%#$%#$^#^#^) thay told me that the ecu is possibly reading the sensor but there is a resistance fault in the loom or sensor, got mobile electrician comin friday, any mor ideas about resistance fault..

fans are on from start to, do the fans pick up the same sensor as the ecu to control them??

sory to keep on but one day it might work, cheers

geoff pine

its not that they dont have the time, after all they charge buy the hour :?
its that they dont know how . :shock: its not a nissan :shock: its an import there favourite way of discribing my own r. my own was runing on unlimited boost when i bought it nissan serviced it £265 did not even notice said it was fine .:shock: muppets o and the air con packed up the day after they serviced it :cry:

N

NISM0

nissan work shop run by mupits

one word, can you guess what i'm thinking??

Nigell_d6

Hi,

Might be of some help, save money for electrician,

if you disconnect the temp sensor connector and switch ignition to on, (not running), and then check the terminal voltage to ground one of the wires should read 5v: the other wire should have continuity to ground with the ignition switch off. If ok its the temp sensor

I know this might be a bit like telling granny to suck eggs but do the fans run with the temp sensor disconnected. In the past I have just jumped the temp sensor wire to switch the fans on and off, if able to do so its the sensor.

Regards

Nigel

N

NISM0

its the sensors cptain, or is it

going to try this test also got new temp sensor today, althou its blue??

mattygti-r

ive a HKS device which will wire into your ECU to control the fans from your driving seat

:wink:

will also read your water temps

N

NISM0

hks temp reader controller and erm

how the @#$@ do you get to the plug on the sensor to disconnect it and also get a tool to it to remove the sensor??

where do i get the hks thingy and also isnt the fact iv'e got a temp sensor fault the reason my fans are runnig continuasly??