Does this look about right? RR result.

geetee

http://www.mummachummas.co.uk/gtir/h5xxx.jpg

Running K&N induction
Goose
Bleed valve setup to 0.9bar

Seems to make nearly peak power at about 3200rpm then tail off a bit, then come back again. When driving it is strong from mid range to the redline.

Look about right?

Once I have a new clutch and fuel pump and Profec B in it's going to 1.1bar with an RR setup. What can I expect then?

Any thoughts?

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

geetee

Don't think so.

Peak torque is 260
Peak bhp is 264

Clearly on the graph the upper line has a little peak at the end (about 5400rpm). So that must be the power?

No :? Perhaps I am confused....... :(

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

MarkTurbo

Had me thinking there, but its definatly the torque curve :wink:

If your car was 260 bhp at 3500rpm then it would be an absolute beast :lol:

geetee

nope still can't see it.... don't doubt you, just can't understand. :)

The curve with the highest peak is on top. with a little spurt about 5400rpm

The figures state

max BHP 264 @5440
max torq 260 no rpm stated

It seems to me that the only line that goes to 264 is the top one which means that this line is the bhp, and that means that my turbo is on full chat and making full power by 3200.

which is why I posted it! I must have a super efficient hybrid turbo the size if a thimble or something - the way it spools up.

fook knows... I was just curious.

I have a clutch, a fuel pump and a Profec B to go on the car yet - then it is going to 1.1bar. Then it's on the RR again.

Puzzled

Perhaps I'll call em and ask them to explain.

In any event - it's not a bad result to have peak bhp and torque about the same is it (although I realise they're in different measurements!). Most results I see seem to show about a 20% lower torque figure. e.g 264bhp / 200 lbft

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

MarkTurbo

geetee said:
nope still can't see it.... don't doubt you, just can't understand. :)

The curve with the highest peak is on top. with a little spurt about 5400rpm

The figures state

max BHP 264 @5440
max torq 260 no rpm stated

It seems to me that the only line that goes to 264 is the top one which means that this line is the bhp, and that means that my turbo is on full chat and making full power by 3200.
I reckon you've mixed the 2 lines up after where they meet near the top :wink: They sort of crossover :? The one that starts nearest the bottom (about 30 bhp) is the power curve, and it goes right the way to 264 bhp.

Try it that way and see if the figures work out :D

geetee

oh bollox

look at these pictures.....

do you see a beautiful, massively powerful engine

OR

someone making a complete tit of himself

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Personally I see that I was entirely wrong.

At least it makes sense now!

So what do you reckon for 1.1 bar.... ?

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

Davey

Well, we're agreed that your being dopey :wink: , but having said that, it does seem to make the torque very low down in the rev range, and the power peaks very low, most pulsars make theyre peak about 1000rpm or so later (or more), and dont tail off quite so much.

The end of the graph looks funny, with two little lines not doing anything, and the torque curve finishes before the power one, did they have trouble with theyre printer or something? :?

A

Anonymous

thats one very rough power curve, thinks you better get a computer and get some decent tunning done to get a smooth power curve and get rid of all those flat spots.. :)
if its any help. in 4th gear i make peak newtons at 105klm/h and peak power at 150klm/h seems everyone else here in aus makes peak power around the 170klm/h mark in 4th gear.