does anybody know about the modena box?

M

madMATT

hello peps how much what r the specs how easy is it to obtain one, help please

M

MarkMc

I have a Modena gear box(from Australia). Straight cut gears, straight cut diff, dogs, billet selector forks, stronger casing. I looked at other options(Par), but was told Modena was the best option. I was told the boxes (and Modena) were very strong. Cost is roughly 10K(Aus) not fitted that includes replacing the housing. They were the best I could find at the time.

(my experience so far)
I am happy with the box so far. It works well smooth easy to use, but can be a bit noisy.
I have had one problem with selector ball and it is now being replaced with a strengthened factory version. The tuner took the box out sent it back to Modena Vic(or was it SA). Tuner then order the new part from Japan and sent it to Modena. New selector ball was then heat treated by Modean. Now waiting to be assembled and then send gear box back to NSW for tuner to assemble into car(time taken is about 2 months).(the box got struck in 3rd). I am not sure why it got stuck in 3rd and no one has been able to explain it to me yet. It was basically the first dry day after the final tune of the car(now very fast)and I wanted to see how it went with the 237kwaw. I was going for 4th had my foot off the accelerator and the clutch engaged. My guess is that the dogs did not disengage(for some reason). I was changing gear at 7500rpm may be I need to wait another quarter second for the dogs to slow down and disengage more easily. Had the box in for about 4 months traveled about 5000km.

Mark(I will be happy with it if this is my last problem)