Do Pulsar's have tinted windows?

S

Stoned

I just had a Concept 650 fitted to the car which comes with radar proximity sensors

Anyhow it should be able to detect people outside the car and warn them off with some loud beeps. But on mine it's not working and they told me the windows must be tinted which stops the radar from detecting people outside :?

I cant see any tints on my windows...

S

stomski

:?

window tints wouldnt make a difference with the alarm.people snooping around, take the car back to them mate :wink:

hmmm

I have full window tints on my R (blacked out rear and 30% front) and the proximity sensors work fine, so you shouldn't really have a problem.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
You can change the sensitivity of the proximity sensor... You may need to do that...

Or extend the range to pic up outside the car...

Rishi

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
The Clifford installers told me it's the metal particles in the window tints that cause the problem.
My rears are tinted and my sensor doesn't seem to work until I get to the front doors. You may find the standard ones are lightly tinted. I guess you could try arming it with the windows open and see how close you can get without the proximity sensor sounding, that should tell you if it's the tints or not.

Mr GTiR

Stoned said:
on mine it's not working and they told me the windows must be tinted which stops the radar from detecting people outside :?
LMAO, who told you that?

My bro had dark tints on his Clio and had no problem with the external proximity sensor working.

Like Rishi say's get the sensativity of the proximity sensor set up / adjusted.

S

Stoned

Cheers guys

I'm going to buy a cable today, I have the software already.
I shall try adjusting the sensitivity

hmmm

There's a way to get rid of that chirp. Lock the car then I think you press the side button twice and then the right hand button once. You should get 4 flashes to show it's deactivated.

That's IF you want to get rid of it :wink:.

S

Stoned

Not really, I quite enjoy watching it beep at randoms passing by :lol:

I adjusted the sensors myself and got it working fine :)