Do all pulsars rattle underneath?

Perrin21

Hiya, I'm looking to sort out the dreadful handling on my pulsar. My first question is do they all rattle like old carriages underneath? I know my shocks are shot but I'm going to be looking into all the bushes too. Apparently nothing is loose under there but it does rattle a lot when driving over poor roads. Is this just a characteristic or can I get it quiet and perfect again? Are coilovers better than stock shockers for general performance on b roads? I'm considering the BC coilovers. Whiteline anti lift kit and bump steer kit. Powerflex bushes are also on my list. I already have front and rear top anti roll bars.

shroom

there is a problem with yours tight bolts dont mean its ok I doubt any car even a landrover comes out rattling lol they might not be the best but give the pulsar some credit

Perrin21

I'm going to get it properly looked at. I know it could be a million times better with some tlc. Are the bc coil overs good? I can afford up to £1000 but don't want them too hard

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
It's a 20-year old car; it's bound to have a few rattles, but it shouldn't sound like a bag of spanners.

pulsar350R

I'm going to get it properly looked at. I know it could be a million times better with some tlc. Are the bc coil overs good? I can afford up to £1000 but don't want them too hard
BC coilover are very good as i am running these on my pulsar at the moment, transformed my handling instantly compared to stock suspension. they are good for road use only if you set them to "soft". Hard setting is the best fun very stiff and bouncey.