Distributor inside knowledge please

markweatherill

Can anyone confirm whether the GtiR distributor contains the optical disk type of cam sensor please?

If so, is it the disk with 360 or so little slots, or the type with four big slots?

I need to obtain a replacement disk of the '360 little slot' type.

(I haven't counted them - there might only be 180)

(The disk and sensor live under the plastic dust cover beneath the rotor arm)

THANKS

Keira

the gtir cas (crank angle sensor) uses an L.E.D and a photo diode, for those that dont know, the disc being asked about has slits in it, as the disc spins it cuts the light to the diode which creates pulses which are then converted to on-off, which is what the ecu sees

the gtir has 360 slits for 1 degree signal and 4 slits for 180 degree signal.

Fusion Ed

Just to add one of the 4 slits is wider which signifies cyl 1. All four cyl Nissans with ECCS have the same (broadly speaking).

B1Ad3

Im pulling up a code for crank angle sensor and im a bit confused to what it is.

Is it a sensor that needs to be replaced, where is it?

Fusion Ed

If the car runs fine then the crank angle sensor most probably fine. Do you have any hesitation problems? Do you keep hitting rev limiters or anything, for some reason I have seen that throw up odd codes before.

Fusion Ed

Keira said:
tdc on number 1 to be pedantic ;)
haha, to be even more pedantic, its before TDC, this is to allow time for the ECU to do its calculations and fire at exactly the right time. I cant remember exactly how much before however.