Disconnecting the battery (loosing info)

k20 gtr

I hate to ask this but needs must...
I want to disconect my battery as im modifying my rollcage, and i need it bolted to the car so i can position bits.

How hard is it to reset my safc, my hks boost controller and my blitz turbo timer, once i reconnect the battery, looks dammed scary!!! :roll: :roll:

k20 gtr

i need to disconect the battery though, they dont loose there settings when the ignition is off because they still have a live feed, like a radio.

I cant say about the SAFC as i dont have one, but my boost controller and turbo timer dont loose any settings when battery is disconnected.

P

pulsarboby

no as ed said none will lose there settings, they retain them untill manually altered.

k20 gtr

so i can disconnect the battery and nothing will be effected!?
Do i have a time frame to get the battery reconected 5 mins, half an hour etc?

John

k20 gtr said:
so i can disconnect the battery and nothing will be effected!?
Do i have a time frame to get the battery reconected 5 mins, half an hour etc?
well I had my battery removed from the car and the Blitz turbo timer, Apexi, VFC etc never lost there settings, so I doubt theres a time frame altho I may be wrong.

Fusion Ed

They are stored in Flash memory usually so they wouldn't loose it for like 100 years or something. I have never yet fitted an engine device that has needed 12V constant, so the chances of you having something that is is minute.