Disco potato or gt3071

boucherie

its new turbo time (nothing wrong with the stock one but im after more power) im torn between either the gt2871rs (disco potato) or the gt3071 which is a popular choice on here!!

powerwise im looking for around 350ish as im still on stock internals, but if/when they go i will be replacing and upping the boost as well. im probably looking to be running about 1.3 or 1.4Bar with the new turbo and dont really want loads of lag.

price wise its about $1200 plus shipping and import duty from the states unless i can find a uk company selling them. i will be using a stock turbo elbow and might treat myself to a 3" full system as well

basically i cant choose between the two and if push came to shove then id prefer minimal mods for fitting, and do i go for the 4" inlet or the 2.75 inlet!??!?!

EVOBAD

boucherie said:
its new turbo time (nothing wrong with the stock one but im after more power) im torn between either the gt2871rs (disco potato) or the gt3071 which is a popular choice on here!!

powerwise im looking for around 350ish as im still on stock internals, but if/when they go i will be replacing and upping the boost as well. im probably looking to be running about 1.3 or 1.4Bar with the new turbo and dont really want loads of lag.

price wise its about $1200 plus shipping and import duty from the states unless i can find a uk company selling them. i will be using a stock turbo elbow and might treat myself to a 3" full system as well

basically i cant choose between the two and if push came to shove then id prefer minimal mods for fitting, and do i go for the 4" inlet or the 2.75 inlet!??!?!
the disco potato is for u then not much lag as 4 the 3071 i would only use this if u wer looking 4 400bhp plus as i had 1 was a bit big 4 350bhp :thumbsup:

O

Odin

I'd go for the 2.75" inlet fella as the 4" is massive and leaves very little room for the actuator.

Rob

Dooie Pop Pop

EVOBAD said:
the disco potato is for u then not much lag as 4 the 3071 i would only use this if u wer looking 4 400bhp plus as i had 1 was a bit big 4 350bhp :thumbsup:

:? Ask Mattygtir how laggy my 3071 is;-) ball bearing turbo' s are nothing like as laggy as the old type hence why i can still hear mine spinning for nearly a minute after iv switched the car off:p

go for the 2871 if you have NO plans for hitting 400bhp, 350bhp is probably around 1bar on a 3071:lol: as Al says you cant fit the bigger inlet on a standar setup. Gary at gtirspares had to fit a spacer to his manifold and take a grinder to his block to get his on iirc.