Did a 1/4 mile RWYB at a local airfield today.

steve963

nice, there fast cars really considering how little needs to be done to beat some of the cars on your list

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
That's a good terminal speed. You be low/mid 11s at a guess with the grip to back it up.

STU666V

Going good Mark, 122mph too.

I got 11.59 and 114mph then broke it on my next run last year at TOTB :)

mattygti-r

not bad at all for a shed !

did you go japfest mark?

myself and jimmy were looking over a white R which must have been yours

MarkTurbo

It wasn't my car you were looking then at as I didn't go ;-)

Grip wasn't very good as its an old concrete airfield, my best 60 ft time was just over 2 secs. The GTR that did the 10 sec run is around 650 bhp I think and owned by the bloke that runs Dragon performance.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
my best 60 ft time was just over 2 secs.

:shock: That could even put you in 10s territory if you go by the theory of every .1s at the start is worth .2 at the end as my best 60ft is 1.6 so about 0.5s better than "just over 2s"

MarkTurbo

I'm still only running 1.6 bar at the moment so I hate to think how quick it would be at 2 bar + :shock:

MarkTurbo

I'm not sure yet if the clutch will handle that sort of boost, and i'm not driving the car to its full potential at 1.6 bar on the sprints and hillclimbs as it is so it can stay there for now. Unfortunately the car's performance is ahead of the drivers at the moment :lol:

what was the astra running?
Not sure as i never actually saw what it was, i turned up about 2:30 in the afternoon, did 6 runs and then disappeared home again :oops:

My favourite run of the day was up against an 8 litre Dodge Viper, it's quite nice watching something like that disappearing in your rear view mirror :lol:

dencon

Mark.
Done Castle Hill Climb at the week end, Damp on Sat but dry on Sun. Now running on new slicks, and starting uphill I managed a 1.96 on one run and a 1.86 for my second run.
As you know this is always 64ft. This was my best ever start, although I could not match my class record that has stood for a few years now. With this sort of start you would be quite a bit quicker. Den.

MarkTurbo

Must be those nice new tyres Den ;-)

That's a really quick 64 ft time, especially uphill 8) The drag racing was just a bit of fun so I'm not too worried about my time, I'm off to turkey next week so hopefully will have a nice break then come back ready to lower my personal best a bit more at wiscombe in September!

Wasn't driven by Vicky Butler Henderson was it....

Won't these Viper drivers ever learn :)
Danny Fennal eat your heart out, I'm the new dodge viper beater :lol: