Diagnosing Fuel/boost cut around 4000rpm

B

bean

Fast Guy said:
Check/change your coolant temp sensor. When my car is cold it cuts at 4000rpm to stop you booting it. Maybe your sensor is goosed and the ecu thinks the engine is cold and it's cutting it.
Whereabouts is the sensor and what do I need to check on it?

Thanks. :)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
The temp gauge would probably give you a fair idea if the sender's working properly.

Check that it's connected firstly, the wires from it aren't broke and the resistance of it, you might need to take it out to do this.

At 60degs it should be 70-90ohms approx
At 100degs it should be 21-24ohms approx

sypher

the coolant temp sensor is the two pin sensor on the head at about cylinder no- 1 underneath the inlet manafold. it is a ntc type sensor, is supplied a 5v referance on one wire and the ecu receives a voltage signal back corresponds to a specific coolant temp' .. the check data i have says the resistace should be 300-330 ohm's at 80'c.. probably gonna be hard to get to this to measure it though

B

bean

Fast Guy said:
The temp gauge would probably give you a fair idea if the sender's working properly.

Check that it's connected firstly, the wires from it aren't broke and the resistance of it, you might need to take it out to do this.

At 60degs it should be 70-90ohms approx
At 100degs it should be 21-24ohms approx
Temp gauge shows normal working temperature.

sypher

there is two sensors associated with water temp' the two pin sensor is for the engine management systen/control

the one pin sensor/sender is for the gauge if you unplug this one the gauge will read NOTHING