DET sensor

gunmetalgtir

Code 34 came up on my car, would it be better to buy one brand new or would a second hand one do the trick? Because I've heard there £200 odd brand new!

gtirneil

As long as the second hand one is in woring order then why would you want to spend £200 on a new one.

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
gunmetalgtir said:
Just thinking if mine can fail so could a second hand one! How much do they go for second hand?
That's why 2nd hand items are generally a lot cheaper...............cause they could fail at anytime :doh:

A

another sunny

i bought a pair from a skyline, they were only £5 each . Exactly the same and cured my code 34

huu-raa

when i had a problem with the r a few weeks back it came up on computer thats the det sensor . i thought it had done its job ie engine was close to det it sensed it an thru the det sensor code so i got it reset .

does that mean my det sensor is knackered? or is it just done its job ? amd all was need to do is reset it and get fueling checked?

Braveheart

When I bought my R recently (one month age) it had error code 34. It's been reset and has not returned.
I only use RON 97+ and the odd splash of octaine boost and am hoping it was down to bad fuel.
As far as I understand, the sensor should reset it's self without having to clear the fault via the ECU.
I'll keep an eye on this thread!!!

huu-raa

i had mine reset too and not had the problem might you maybe it was because my boost spike upto 1.2bar just got it runnung stock boost the now

gunmetalgtir

Can the DET sensor be put on the side of the block? Someone has said to me that once you take the DET sensor off you can mount it on the side of the block instead of where it was originally located??

G

GTI-R Kid

another sunny said:
i bought a pair from a skyline, they were only £5 each . Exactly the same and cured my code 34
What variant of Skyline?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
You could probably mount it where you want, but you'll have to have a hole drilled and tapped, and a flat surface to mount it on, if you can't find one already available and extend the wiring.