Det sensor?

MarkTurbo

What are the symptons of the det sensor cutting in? Ever since i put the engine back in my car the ecu keeps cutting the boost to 0.5 bar (fault code test comes up clear :?: ), sometimes it does it the first time i boot it but sometimes its ok for 20 mins or so. I have to turn the car off and leave it for about 10 mins before the boost goes back to normal.
I'm running standard boost with a top mount but before i had the engine out the det sensor never used to cut in (not even on hot days after being stuck in traffic).

When i first drove the car after putting the engine back i was getting fault code 13 (engine temp sensors) cos i left the coolant temp connector off :oops: Sorted that but it still cuts the boost :?: :?: :?:

I've cleaned up the 2 earths on the inlet manifold and checked and cleaned all the connectors, maf sensor etc,

Any idea's :?:

zia

that det sensor/circuit is pain in the ass everybody seem to have some sort of problem with it :evil:

the solution is.......?

zia

M

MORRISMINOR GTI-R

isnt this controlled by the original boost seleoid :oops: :?:

M

MORRISMINOR GTI-R

i was speaking to a gut from alltrac perforamance yesterfay who sells motec ecu's and he knows his sh*t.

He was saying how useless the det sensors are and a complete waste of time. He siad he has alot of problems with them when fitting some kind of forged pistons as apparently they are supposed to rattle around when the cars ticking over :idea: :?:

M

MORRISMINOR GTI-R

but he did say that they test for knocking with some kinda hearing device :?:

GINGA

The det sensor can be bypassed by either connecting a good det sensor and then earthing it and obviously disconnecting the wiring to the original one or by wiring a resistor into the circuit of the correct rating, think its something like 580 ohm :?: and connecting it to earth so the ecu still sees its connected but doesn't get any noise readings :wink:
And the det sensor works by measuring vibration through the block :wink:

MarkTurbo

If it is actually detting then i'm glad i've got the thing on my car :?:

I just wanted to know if it is the det sensor kicking in or not????

ashills

i was getting the knock senor fault and that was due to the cracked ringland and big ends knackered
not to worry u lol

MarkTurbo

ashills said:
i was getting the knock senor fault and that was due to the cracked ringland and big ends knackered
not to worry u lol
Cheers for that :shock: Just what i wanted to hear :? :D

Seriously, i know the engine is sound, i think it must be something i did (or didn't do) when i put the engine back in.

Boooooost

I've got the same problem. Undid all the plugs and sprayed with wd and it was ok but its started to do it again :cry:

B

bean

MORRISMINOR GTI-R said:
isnt this controlled by the original boost seleoid :oops: :?:
The ECU will try to limit boost using the solonoid if it's still connected, mine is not. It is however retarding my ignition! :x

Mine can't be knocking the det sensor cuts in when I'm not even on boost! :shock:

I'm gonna disable the fucker when I work out how. :twisted: