Delocking

jonesgti_r

Has anyone tried delocking the passenger door?
Have the rear door handle off a 4 door looks like with a little modding it should fit

JU5TY

Ive also got the rear 4 door handles. But cant fit them till the engines back in and the cars out the garage... :(

A

Anonymous

Someones tried to break into my car twice through the passenger door, costing me a fortune on passenger door locks so I wouldnt mind knowing how this goes :)

G

GTI-R Kid

I have a pair of chrome front and rear handles too off a saloon. Really should get the thumb out to try fit them on the car. :oops:

Websnowbo

They fit.............but you've got to cut the lock surround out of the door. Be carful though as the doors are paper thin and will bend out of shape if you are ruff cutting it out. If you have one a Dremel/Small grinder will prob make life easier.

Oh and you've gotta change all of the mechanism from your origonal handle too, by pushing the pins out.

JIMMYBACK

Websnowbo said:
They fit.............but you've got to cut the lock surround out of the door. Be carful though as the doors are paper thin and will bend out of shape if you are ruff cutting it out. If you have one a Dremel/Small grinder will prob make life easier.

Oh and you've gotta change all of the mechanism from your origonal handle too, by pushing the pins out.
since when have u got to cut the door???? u have just gotta change the handle surround n hey presto...... :D

faz

well, my car has a seriously f*cked passenger lock and handle due to some idiot and a screwdriver by the looks of it! :evil: (thankfully they never got in)

any got pics of the de locked handles on the car? Im guessin you have central locking?

Websnowbo

Well the handles i got were from a 5 door, not sure what handles you got but mine...........how do i explain this..........DIDNT FIT WITH THE LOCK BRACKET BEHIND THEM!

You must have the handles with a kinda lock blank in them and mine were totally concave all the way along.

Mr GTiR

would it not be easier to plastic weld the hole up and then paint the door handle?

i have been thinking about this for a while now and this would be the easiest way of delocking your handles.

Wayne - let me know how you get on fella.

Regards
Andy

JIMMYBACK

Mr GTiR said:
would it not be easier to plastic weld the hole up and then paint the door handle?

i have been thinking about this for a while now and this would be the easiest way of delocking your handles.

Wayne - let me know how you get on fella.

Regards
Andy
possibly but i dont like the little lump left behind :D

geetee

um.. how do you get into the car when the battery goes flat and the remote central locking won't work?

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

Mr GTiR

use your key in the tailgate and clim through!

that's why you should never get rid of all locks, but i don't mind loosing the ones on the door handle.

jimmybackb - you won't have any dimples left as you have it flatten off and the whol door handle sprayed in black or colour coded. like i said i wanted to do it this way but never got round to doing it :(

geetee

Then surely the tea-leaves will screwdriver the boot lock as that's the one left and climb thru.... what have u achieved?

Except it looks better of course! :)

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

Mr GTiR

geetee said:
Then surely the tea-leaves will screwdriver the boot lock as that's the one left and climb thru.... what have u achieved?
i work on the fact that no fooker will do this and climb through. It will take longer to climb through a car than to screw the lock and enter that way.

Apart from that your right it looks better. Can't always gurantee that the battery will never fail or the alarm won't feck up :cry:

I think most people do this type of mod for cosmetic reasons rather than security reasons.

Regards
Andy

JIMMYBACK

:D...........well ive got two points at the front of the car u can jump the batt if needed so i have though of this problem before hand :D

Websnowbo

Some fcuk broke into my car in Sheffied a fair few years ago and they just stuck a screwdriver in the passenger lock and spun it around in the door and it simply dropped out.

My car was saved by the multilock on the steering wheel, they tried cutting through the steering wheel but could get through.

Still knicked the front off my feckin Alpine headunit though, that'll teach me to leave it under the front seat.