Delimiters - an intersting observation:

Fusion Ed

The stock ECU controls the operation of the cooling fans, not just against engine temperature but also vehicle speed.

Interesting fact: If moving between 0-12mph the cooling fans operate at 100deg. If moving at 12-50mph the cooling fans operate at 95 deg. If moving over 50mph the fans will not come on until 105 deg.

If the car is fitted with a speedo converter/delimiter, it upsets the operation of the fans
and they wont come on when they should do and vice/versa. I.e. the speeds will be 1.6x what they would otherwise be stock.

May be of interest to some on here, who knows!

Ed

J

jpward

Micra Ed said:
The stock ECU controls the operation of the cooling fans, not just against engine temperature but also vehicle speed.

Interesting fact: If moving between 0-12mph the cooling fans operate at 100deg. If moving at 12-50mph the cooling fans operate at 95 deg. If moving over 50mph the fans will not come on until 105 deg.

If the car is fitted with a speedo converter/delimiter, it upsets the operation of the fans
and they wont come on when they should do and vice/versa. I.e. the speeds will be 1.6x what they would otherwise be stock.

May be of interest to some on here, who knows!

Ed
Interesting find though quite a little anorak arnt we :lol:

Would said information be the same on an AC ECU as non AC??? :)

Fusion Ed

Interesting find though quite a little anorak arnt we
Yes, well its in my interests to know as much as I can about Nissan ECUs!

If the car has had its speedo converted then chances are it will upset the ECU. Regardless as to if the ecu has been re-mapped or not. This is due to the way your told to wire in the speedo converter, it usually unless attention has been paid to the wiring ends up also in line with the ecu.

The information is I believe the same on the AC and 28 ECUs (I have no reason to suspect otherwise) although the maps on the two ecus are different with the UK version being smoother yet more retarded and with more fuel compared to the jap AC one.

Fusion Ed

No, I have been sitting here all evening modifying Nissan ECUs ready to go in cars, so I have been testing them too!

Braveheart

Interesting info Ed... here I thought the fans cut-in was determined by a sensor in the coolant system. If you are correct, I will wire the fan to an independant switch and watch / monitor through the temp gauge.