Definitive Answers Required

S

Sirnixalot

the FWD RAS do fit the GTi-R head

The headgasket im not sure i think the GTi-R one is a specific application, it is interchangable with the other FWD DE, DET's with slight modification. I am unsure about the Silvia/RWD DET head gaskets though. I think i can fint out.

Well seeing as my reserch on the rods has been shot to hell ...lol, it sounds like the other DE, DET pistons will fit just fine.....the MIGHT fit and they DO fit are 2 different things. Whos gonna be the guinea pig then??

zia

perfect oppitunity for skid to prove what,s what. might as well since he,s in the ideal situation :lol:

zia

skiddusmarkus

Yeah great idea.I'll just go and raid me piggy bank. :shock:

Well,they're definitely answers...just not definitive ones :lol: .

Found Crower rods for $646 and Eagle ones for $299.

JU5TY

Ive got an HKS Rocker arm stopper kit for the SR20DET.

Isnt fitted yet, but will be very shortly, we have put it in place to see how it fits and all looks good. Its just a very simple design... :D

cmng

skiddusmarkus said:
Will the following SR20DET parts fit tthe GTIR?

Rocker arm stopper
Pistons
Head Gasket
I remember Head gasket not interchangeable
as well block gasket
correct me if i was wrong here

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I have the Nismo Rocker arm stopper kit in my engine, it will fit. In the instruction booklet that i got in the kit it specifies (and shows pictures) of the mods needed to the inside of the rocker cover for FWD, RWD and RNN14. Take not that all the others except for the RNN14 rocker cover needed modifying internally. There is a plate above the exhaust cam between 1st and 2nd lobe that needs to be filed slightly though.

Pistons i'm not 100% sure about, but i now have Tomei pistons in my engine and can't remember if they were specific RNN14 or SR20DET items.

Head gasket needs to be specific RNN14, the others won't fit properly.

Hope this helps.

Ivan

A

Anonymous

The only things that are definite in this life Skiddus me old son are death and taxes :wink: .
Pete 8)