Decat pipe

Hi,

is it possible to get a de cat pipe with 2.5" bore flanges fitted??

All the ones I've seen and the one in my garage are 3".

The one on my car is the mongoose decat that looks like the proper one, but since fitting the scorpion to it, it's pulled it over slightly so it vibrates on the heat shield, arse!!!

So a decat pipe is needed! The scorpion is 2.25" so making a good seal between decat and system would be gard using a 3" decat!

Checked out eBay, their in plentyful supply for evos but not R's

Gaz

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I'm pretty sure I've got an HKS decat pipe that fits nicely with my 2.5" system - try that?

I did have the same problem though, and fixed it by gentle adjustment of the decat (i.e. turning it slightly before torquing it up), and adjusment of the hangers (by putting cable ties next to the rubbers to force them further in or out, and washers behind the bolts to adjust where it hangs).

As to how effective it is, I'm not really sure; my wife still complains about the noise, but I suspect it's now one of the quieter exhausts on a GTi-R. - I intend to compare them at the rolling road day.

Sunny-D

I had one made be hayward & scott, 3" tappering down to 2.5". Its really well made but a bit on the expensive side, about £90 iirc.

I'm pretty sure I've got an HKS decat pipe that fits nicely with my 2.5" system - try that?

I did have the same problem though, and fixed it by gentle adjustment of the decat (i.e. turning it slightly before torquing it up), and adjusment of the hangers (by putting cable ties next to the rubbers to force them further in or out, and washers behind the bolts to adjust where it hangs).

As to how effective it is, I'm not really sure; my wife still complains about the noise, but I suspect it's now one of the quieter exhausts on a GTi-R. - I intend to compare them at the rolling road day.
I drove down to Anglesey today, didn't vibrate :shock: that much, until I hit the back roads.

Have you got the hks fitted at the moment?

Will be interesting to hear other exhausts on the rollers..

Might have to get one made up as sunny d has

Gaz