debadging?

pete-r

how do i debadge my car without damaging the paintwork?ive heard of people using hairdryers.is this the way to do it? :?:

S

Stoned

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Why do people want to do this?!

Arent you proud of the car you own, most people know what they are anyhow. It's the sort of thing Chav's do to cover up they only have a 1.0L in front of that 10" exhaust

S

Stoned

But yes, hairdryer to get the glue nice and tacky and a little white spirit or petrol will have it all off. Remember to wax over afterwards.

LJ

Yeah you can do it this waybut be carefull as on my last car i managed to heat the surrounding paint too muchwhich made it bubble and flake off :(

Try carefull prising them off first with a small screwdriver or the like, again be carefull not to scratch the paint!!

N

Ninja_tune_factory

i wish the nob that had my R befor me didnt take the bagges of it :evil:

S

Stoned

Can you get a chrome GTI-R badge?
It kinda annoys me the Nissan logo and Pulsar are in chrome while the GTI-R logo is white

Mr GTiR

Took all my badges off cos they look gay!! The only one i have left is the GTiR, there's no way i'm taking that baby off.

Would be nice to get a chrome GTiR badge 8) anyone found one?

A

Az

Mr GTiR said:
You might be able to get away with chrome spray by Hammerite or similar.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
pete-r said:
how do i debadge my car without damaging the paintwork?
Hmmm, my way involves damaging the paintwork :oops:
Drive along minding your own business until a BMW driver drives up behind you and rear ends you. Then ask the garage not to replace the badges on the car when he replaces the tailgate. :roll: :p

J

jiw

i want badges back on mine too, some nobber took em off before i owned it, he also decided to add a F.U.K badge to the ashtray ......TWAT :?

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
The best way is to warm the badge you want to take off with a hair dryer then use some dental floss and get under the badge and use like a sawing action, once it's off use WD40 (or petrol, white sprit) to take the remaining adhesive off the paintwork. Sorted.

A

Allan GTI-R

Az said:
Mr GTiR said:
You might be able to get away with chrome spray by Hammerite or similar.
in Oz one of the crappy fwd pulsars we have to put up with got a chrome PULSAR badge.

I'd never put one on my own car, but if you want they look a lot better than the standar Pulsar badge :)

I guess this is the part where you ask for pics ?

I don't have any - look for N16 Pulsar in google or something :p

ShayneG

My badges were off when I got the car and I think it's a lot better. It makes the car more mysterious. Nobody by me knows what car it is and I get asked by so many people. When I reply its a NI$$AN they think i'm joking :D .

One think that did pi$$ me off though was one bloke shouted "nice nova mate" :evil:

R

r5ben

took them off mine lads sorry :roll:
but replaced them with a nice skyline GTR one and that looks nice :wink:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
"replaced them with a nice skyline GTR one"
I have never understood why people put Skyline badges on a GTi-R, it's not a Skyline GTR it's a Sunny/Pulsar GTi-R.

If Almera badges looked good would you put one of those on aswell ???