datascan info

williams

just after some info on datascan, when usign the data display, it has a gauge for afr which goes up to 200 i think? needle is normally around the 100 mark, what is this measuring? what dot he numbers mean, 100 what?

also, the 02 gauge doesnt show anything, always at 0.

also, what are standard maf readings at idle?

just trying to sort my problem of car being down on power, seems to pull hard as soon as it comes on boost and then just flattens off after that.

plug leads i have came apart a few weeks ago around the time the problem started to happen so going to order some standard lead tomorrow.

my car was equal speed as a standard ep3 type R, which i wasnt happy about!

williams

just code 55 - no fault codes

02 gauge is constantly on 0, ive tried 2 lambda sensors and both do the same, but the wiring on both of them isnt the best. any idea if i can use the narrowband output from my aem wideband lambda in place of the standard lambda?

geoff pine

just code 55 - no fault codes

02 gauge is constantly on 0, ive tried 2 lambda sensors and both do the same, but the wiring on both of them isnt the best. any idea if i can use the narrowband output from my aem wideband lambda in place of the standard lambda?
I did try this with a plx m-300 wide-band it messed with the a/f base and o2 signal it struggled to idle and even when warmed up was trying to stall as i pulled away .Some one did suggest that the voltage signal was maybe wrong for a gtir

danr

same here with lambda, mine is wrong type, shows 0 but no error codes. best to get an original from bob, or new from importcarparts etc. i know it should be a titania sensor (due to red wire from lambda).

williams

i have 2 original lambdas and they both show 0 on the o2 gauge, not sure what make they are, 1 came with car and i got the other as a spare.

Fusion Ed

AFR is the closed loop base fuel correction. It should always be around 100 if everything is working normally (+- 10%) Its how much the lambda is having to modify the fuel table to achieve stoitch during closed loop operation.

williams

Cheers for that ed, just didn't know what units the afr gauge was showing. Should I be getting a reading on the o2 gauge aswell then? This gauge never moves.

williams

got my low power problem sorted, was ignition timing, put laptop on and a timing light. when laptop was reading 20 dbtc light was showing about 10.

pulls alot harder now, just has a slight miss fire above 3.5k at full throttle.