data scan quick question

turbodaily

can the TPS be disconnected via 'nissan data scan' to check ignition timing? ive heard it can? if so can someone let me know ;-)

cheers

turbodaily

i was under the impression that those features just allow you to adjust the base timing but obviously not permanently

sypher

If I remember correctly, it allows you to set distributor position so you get 20' btdc as the map has (or 18' btdc if you require). and to set the base idle when the engine is hot, ie; the additional idle control devices unactive so you adjust the idle screw and the ballance screws..

I remember when I had my R the TPS was 0.2 volts low from idle position and the ignition time varied alot.. when TPS voltage was ok ign' timing was stable at 20'..

how'd you get on with the map download?

geoff pine

can the TPS be disconnected via 'nissan data scan' to check ignition timing? ive heard it can? if so can someone let me know ;-)

cheers
Yes some one on here did it last year and started a thread on it it may have been Cambridge pulsar but i could be wrong about who did it but it has been done.

Trip

On the Active test window, you should find a button "Base Idle Adjustment". this should lock any ECU corrections including the TPS. Never done it myself but i have read it on here somewhere.

Edit: After re-reading, this procedure was done with consult and not datascan. I am not sure if it can be done using the method i mentioned.
Check post #8 http://www.gtiroc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58668

Last edited: