Dashboard removal

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Before I leep blindly into removing my dash (it's cracked and I have a replacment) is it an easy job, how long does it take and will and is it easy to put back.

Anyone ??

Steve

P

pulsarboby

doddle of a job steve!
you have two plastic covers on top of dash hiding fixings, undo them, remove clocks, glovebox as there are two bolts on lhs and same on rhs. are you replacing dash with another?
if not perhaps someone has a photo of a dash removed, you will then easily see where bolt holes are from piccie of dash, all bolts are 10mm and total job in and out wont take longer than an hour

KF79GTIR

it is easy if you are confident enough just remember to do one piece at a time and dont go at it like a bull in a china shop

Mr GTiR

Steve, call me if you need help.

It's dead easy to do as i've done mine quite a few times.

My bro will be working on a new alcatnara dash for me so will have to swap mine over at xmas.

I should take no longer than 1 hour to take out and that's removing all the neccesary parts.

D

deslynam

Only thing that can hold it up is the v-type clips on the top of the dash, if they're quite wide apart you'll need to wedge in a thick knife or flat-head screwdriver to enable you to pull the top out.
There's loads of screws and bolts - but I guarantee you'll have one left over when you replace it! :-D

Mr GTiR

The only thing that will cause you any grief is the temp sensor at the top left of the dash. The plug for this sensor is only very short and the plug to unplug is a twat! Apart from that it's straight forward to do.