Damper settings D2

eastwood

What damper settings are people running?
My car has D2 coilovers and is poly bushed throughtout.
However the rear seems very harsh and it feels more from the rear I have had the shocks set on no.1 and no.3 setting from soft on the rear and no.6 on the front (there are 20 positions)
Im begining to think it could be the spring rate.
I havnt the whiteline rear ARB set on the middle setting.
The geometry is set up correctly.
Im not after a soft ride as it not a daily driver just want to get it to feel more progresive and controlled.
I have an EVO 6 with TEINs and although its very stiff it dosnt try and bounce around the road.

D.

P

pulsarboby

ive got d2s on my black car
in a nutshell the spring rates are too high, with the soft setting the springs will over ride the dampers
not a great deal you can do about it really other than a lighter sprung spring on the rears

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
What damper settings are people running?
My car has D2 coilovers and is poly bushed throughtout.
However the rear seems very harsh and it feels more from the rear I have had the shocks set on no.1 and no.3 setting from soft on the rear and no.6 on the front (there are 20 positions)
Im begining to think it could be the spring rate.
I havnt the whiteline rear ARB set on the middle setting.
The geometry is set up correctly.
Im not after a soft ride as it not a daily driver just want to get it to feel more progresive and controlled.
I have an EVO 6 with TEINs and although its very stiff it dosnt try and bounce around the road.

D.
D2's are great for dry track work, anything else then you are shafted.

The spring rates are something insane like 10kg/mm front and 7kg/mm rear.

What you need to do is set up the car and complete the rest of the geometry set up correctly, once sorted then you need seat time to learn the car and how it handles, make more adjustments and so on - like I've done.

If you are thinking of using it on the lanes or twisties then you'll not have confidence in the car, however on the track it will work very well and you'll have no qualms about its handling.