D2 Coilovers

S

str_motorsport

i have them on my car and find them really good...do you also have them?

Pete Watson

Yeah i had them fitted while the car was away for my engine work, although they have not been properly set up first signs are good. My only concerns are:

a} I only have 1x Locking Ring which has been locked below the Spring Seat Ring, in the leaflet that came with the kit it shows the locking ring locating at the base of the Coilover to lock the lower section of the strut in place. Is it a case that you need 2x Locking Rings or should the Spring Base Ring just support itself without moving?

b} The other concern may be something that other D2 users should check, the Rear Link Arms that fit between the Coilover and the Antiroll Bar are held in place with small nuts, as they are not Nylocks they managed to work their way loose, i noticed a knock coming from the nsr of the car, when i checked i was surprised to see the top nut completely missing and the link had come away from the Coilover and was hitting the inner arch, when i checked the lower nut this was loose, maybe they were not tightened enough, i think it could be more a case of vibration due to the solid ride that you get.

Rgs Pete

O

Ollie-R

car

im running those bad boys :twisted: but my manifold is off so i havant realy used them much :x