D2 coilovers 7 front and 5 rear springs

keastygtir

Hi guys

Anybody using/had any experience with D2 coilovers with the above springs. I am mainly going to be using for road.

Thanks

Hi have had d2 for a while with 8 kg front and 7kg rear springs and were ok.
bit on the hard side but loved them and I went for harder springs.
7 front and 5 rears should be perfect for road use.
they will be harder than std of course,but car will handle like a dream.
just my 2 c

vpulsar

I had D2's and I thought that where shite and sold them on after a month or two, Way to hard the car under steered of the road in the wet, On bumpier back roads they could actually bounce you out of your lane and onto the oncoming lane especially if you hit a big mid corner bump, They were great on a smooth track though.

I went back to standard style uprated susp, And I've gone for the same with my new pulsar this time as well, I've got Ohlins standard strut style susp on it and a very low millage set of gabs spare as well.

In fact I've only been in two cars with good coilovers one was Mics old Ohlin equipped Pulsar and my bothers old 500 bhp mk5 golf with £2500 a corner coilovers fitted.

Rob

splmum

I have had D2 (Rally) fitted for quite some years now, with 7 kg front and 5 kg rear.

They can be a bit skittish cornering on rough roads as rob has said above, but on smooth (ish) roads they are pretty good.

I use these in Australia where most of our "roads" would make a farmyard track (B road) look good.

Most of the kids in OZ go for BC's as they think the D2's are too harsh and old skool, BAH, kids.

I have €3000 Drummond motorsport coilovers on mine and yes they can be harsh ,but this is common to all coilovers as they have high spring rates...
Never driven on Proflex or other racing suspensions so cannot comment...