cylinder head

A

Anonymous

HELP!
Is it true that you have to take the whole damn engine out to remove the cylinder head?[:(]

zia

it can be done with engine in its just tricky getting some of the pipes and connection at the back of the inlet manifold.

zia

lord of the "R"

skiddusmarkus

Having just had mine off and back on again,I'd say better to do it with the engine out(mine was).The throttle bodies are a pian to get off in situ and there are a lot of pipes at the back that need reconnecting,not least of all a water one which ideally needs sealant using as there is no gasket.

Skiddusmarkus@hotmail.com/skiddusmarkus@aol.com[img]http://www.pepe.me.uk/gtir/pics/sigs/skid.jpg[/img]

1/4 mile driver for hire.....reasonable rates.
Free gearset with every PAR T shirt sold

ex-gtir

engine can be dropped in 2.5hrs head takes about that on its own like skiddus said it very difficult to put bak on as the bulkhead fail the plenhum

A

Anonymous

I've got a project '89 GTI with a warped or cracked cylinder head I haven't had time to figure out wich yet. I was wondering if anybody knew what I should be paying for a referbished head and a good place to get one. The previous owner had run it dry after a botched water pump replacement and I picked it up cheap. What are some other likely damages to have occured along with this one? This is my first VW and I was hoping to get some insite into the paticularities of VW engeneering that might mean further complications (beoynd the obvious and general implications that occur with all types of engins). Thanks

GINGA

Err sorry to state the obvious but this is a Nissan sunny/pulsar gtir forum and i think you might be best of trying a Vw forum for your problem[;)]
Personally though if the engine was that badly cooked its likely to be beyond econominal repair unless you plan on a major rebuild anyway[;)]as the pistons are likey to have picked up/scord the bores requiring new pistons,rebore at the very least.

Wanted 16" raceline rl7's