Cuts out when cold

A

Anonymous

Howzit

My GTiR always cuts out if I give a bit of boost when cold, and when warm, it dies abit at high revs - it will pull then cut back abit like its hesitating, whats up with that? Please help

G

GazTi-R

Mine does the same when cold. I would say it's fuel cut when the MAF sensor can't keep up with the required flow rate when cold and running higher boost.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I don't know if it's a built in function, but mine does it around 4000rpm when cold.

Don't boot your engine when cold, you'll damage it. Let it warm up first. :wink:

R

rx7rotary

junn said:
Howzit

My GTiR always cuts out if I give a bit of boost when cold, and when warm, it dies abit at high revs - it will pull then cut back abit like its hesitating, whats up with that? Please help

Hey,

Same same,
however it is not really a problem in a way,
nothing wrong with your car,
when cold it had a built in function to cut off so the engine doesnt get daamaged, which is ok, you agree?

When warm, and how warm???
You got standard I/c?

Deffinitly a heat soak problem.

Look up heat soak in problems section.
Regards,

GTIR-NZ

Shaun

:D Not sure if this will help :wink: But when we went to the Powerstation the other week on the 'R' meet :!: Duey had this problem at 6725rpm :shock: which lowered his power output!We have since fit a Walbro pump and had the AFC2 set up which has sorted the problem :!:

geetee

So that would lead you to conclude that it was running lean top end and triggering the DET sensor - as it should to prevent you blowing holes in ur pistons.

Junn...

a. Don't boot the car when cold... end of.
b. Get a bigger fuel pump and an RR setup... £70 at Powerstation I believe.

What mods do you have currently?

Cheers
GeeTee 8)