Custom A-pillar Pods

CruiseGTi-R

I am now making custom A-pillar gauge pods as well as the door pods (see sig). Any gauge size and configuration.

The one shown above in my R has an 80mm ( 8) ) boost gauge and 40mm EGT.

The pods use the oe fixings so they clip in properly, not stuck on with tape so you don't need to screw it in to stop it falling off :roll: .

The finish shown is as my door pods. They aren't just covered, it's a painted finish, matt black, flawless and fully blended.

Being custom I can set the angle, position, height all spot on. All dials will face your head rather than pointing at the ceiling.

It is possible to mount larger items (like my 80mm) such as AVCR size units, eo-1 size screen and the like, but also tweeter mounts, shift lights and so on.

£85 for a fully custom design, fitted to the gauges/items you're using. This is based on mounting any two gauges/items. Additional items typically £25 each, but pm for price and details.

Cheers, toby

CruiseGTi-R

Chi-town said:
do you have a pic of the side with the clips?
I use the full oe a-pillar trim in the molding (I ask that people send me theirs like I do with the door pockets). This way all the fixings and clips on the back are as identical to what you have now and it fits perfectly too.

I think its the best way of doing this sort of work rather than trying to replicate oe trim pieces, although it is more work :cry: :D .

The clips are very strong (have to be careful when you take the trim piece off not to snap or crack the plastic!). But being strong allows the possibility to hang larger gauges and/or control devices.

cheers, toby

Uncle Winnet

im loveing them shame i sold my r for an evo would love one for the evo in about 2 months if your up for doing 1 for me :wink: :wink:

john

CruiseGTi-R

Uncle Winnet said:
im loveing them shame i sold my r for an evo would love one for the evo in about 2 months if your up for doing 1 for me :wink: :wink:

john
From a gtiroc business viewpoint: No way fella, I am devoted to Pulsars only ! :lol:

But truth be known I'd love to do one for your evo :D .

pm sent.

A

AJ4

they look smart as f++k Toby, very nice job 8) What they covered in and how do you cover them ? Don't worry, I'm not in competition, I build designer sub boxes :D You can answer via PM if its a 'trade secret' ;)

Ross.

CruiseGTi-R

Cheers Ross.

Get this, they aren't covered..... Thats a painted finish you're looking at 8) :D

Being a perfectionist freak is my trade secret :wink:

You build sub boxes??? Didn't have you down as an ICE fella??

Would happily chat fabrication techniques with you on pm if you like.

A

AJ4

aahhh, that would explain the neat finish 8) From the photos, it looks like they are covered in vinyl, and I couldn't work out how you got the compound angles so flat...

I did some door pods for my Golf, just made of MDF rings and a bit of filler. Couldn't cover it though, so I just painted them in cheesy stonefleck ( hides a multiple of sins :D )

I'm not really an 'ICE' fella, I just design sub boxes. My Pulsar doesn't have a stereo in it, its all in my van :lol:

CruiseGTi-R

Covering things like door pods is nice cos it'll hide flaws in the finish. It tends to be the norm for this sort of thing.

The painted finish just looks a bit more oe on the pulsar, although its a load more effort :cry: :D .

I do still use various structural pieces in the molding like the mdf rings you mention, either to mount speakers/gauges in or just to define certain key curves etc.

The real tricks are in bringing it together onto the existing a-pillar trim or door pockets, particularly as fibreglass refuses to stick to the stock plastics :roll: .

Then about a week of painting and sanding just about does it :D

matt-sab

loving these !!!!!!!!!!!!! awesome workmanship well done
once i got the R back running etc gauges and pod are next
o and boost controller lol
8) :D

paz

I think they look spot on also - may be giving you a call if I decide to go for the boost increase.

Would you be able to stick a couple of electic controllers (apexi size) and a boost guage in one?

Not sure how it would look though :?

Paz

CruiseGTi-R

paz said:
I think they look spot on also - may be giving you a call if I decide to go for the boost increase.

Would you be able to stick a couple of electic controllers (apexi size) and a boost guage in one?

Not sure how it would look though :?

Paz
I've just started doing a special pod for a couple members to mount a Greddy e-01 screen together with a 52mm gauge.

I think its entirely possible to hang avcr type units too, just takes a bit of thinking, but all included in the price :wink: .

I reckon its the best place to locate boost controllers and stuff, keeps em off the dash and at your fingertips too.

Hill_Billy

just wondering if you could do anything else. like maybe something for the center console of the car.

example.

where the R has the 3 gauges. could you make a holder that has the angled towards the driver.

CruiseGTi-R

Hill_Billy said:
just wondering if you could do anything else. like maybe something for the center console of the car.

example.

where the R has the 3 gauges. could you make a holder that has the angled towards the driver.
A couple of people have asked for this, I think its perfectly possible. Especially 8) to get some decent (more accurate than oe ones) 40mm or perhaps 52mm gauges in there.

If you want it done, let me know and I'll fabricate one for you :wink: .