Cusco front lower brace how to?

Animaldaz

Ive got a 2 point, just jack up the car and remove the wishbone front bolts, these are normally tight and are 22mm if i remember right, i ended up removing the front wheels to gain more access and swing on the bolts. You may have to tap them out from behind with a punch, just push the bolt through the brace and then there should be a big washer that goes between the brace and the wishbone mounting point, you can then refit it through the chassis and wishbone, you'll probably need persuade it to go back in as the wishbone will move without the bolt in, use a scew driver or similar from the other side to re-align it. Same on both sides. Before you tighten the bolts its best to emulate normal ride height by putting a jack under the wishbone and raising it till its just off the stand then tighten the bolt, unless you have access to a ramp then just lower it on its wheels before tightening. The 4 point bolts to the wishbone rear bush inner bolt as well as the front bush mount, so thats just a question of remove bolt fit brace refit bolt.

Last edited:

youngsyp

Animaldaz said:
Ive got a 2 point, just jack up the car and remove the wishbone front bolts, these are normally tight and are 22mm if i remember right, i ended up removing the front wheels to gain more access and swing on the bolts. You may have to tap them out from behind with a punch, just push the bolt through the brace and then there should be a big washer that goes between the brace and the wishbone mounting point, you can then refit it through the chassis and wishbone, you'll probably need persuade it to go back in as the wishbone will move without the bolt in, use a scew driver or similar from the other side to re-align it. Same on both sides. Before you tighten the bolts its best to emulate normal ride height by putting a jack under the wishbone and raising it till its just off the stand then tighten the bolt, unless you have access to a ramp then just lower it on its wheels before tightening. The 4 point bolts to the wishbone rear bush inner bolt as well as the front bush mount, so thats just a question of remove bolt fit brace refit bolt.
Just to add to this, you should really get the front end re-aligned after this process !

Rage

A great upgrade if you have in mind to keep the standard dampeners and springs aswell. Really noticeable.