Current market value?

D

DarrenJLewis

Hello all,

I have owned my pulsar for 7 years now and considering moving on, I've considered it several times before and never actually done it so I'm not 100% sure yet. I've no idea what the current market prices are any more and I was wondering if someone could give me an idea of what it's worth. Mods this isn't an attempt to by pass the for sale section, I'll post it there when/if I decided to sell it just I am really lost what the market value is. Here is basically what it's got.

1991 J reg pulsar with 86k miles on the clock converted to miles and derestricted.

Engine

Hi Teq engine rebuilt with rebored block HKS 87mm pistons, lightened and balanced bottom end including Knife edged Crankshaft, HKS 2mm metal head gasket, head ported and gas flowed. HKS hi lift cams, HKS Super AFC fuel computer. I kept the standard turbo and it was set up by hi teq at 1 bar boost, and that is all it has ever run, the engine is capable of much more boost/power with a bigger turbo.

Breathing

HKS air filter, HKS down pipe, cat replacement with scorpian 3" exhaust system.

Transmission

Helix organic clutch (newer higher torque rated kit), low milage gear box taken from a 95 reg pulsar.

Brakes

Front - 300m 4 pot caliper Hi Spec kit with braded hoses
Rear - Standard sized grooved disks.

Handling

Nismo front and rear strut braces, whiteline anti roll bar rubbers, whiteline drop link rubbers (and new drop links fitted a few months ago), whiteline anti caster kit. Also set up with camber adjustment bolts + 4 wheel alignment and new tyres on the front by elite designs a few weeks ago. Alloys 16" Azev.

Ice

CD/MP3 player head unit with alpine amp then passive cross overs in the door and tweeters and woofer in front doors and full range rear speakers.

Other

A/C did work fine I got it fixed with it was in hiteq and regassed, but gas was lost when clutch/gear box were fitted, only needs a regas. Wheel arches were cut out and rebuilt by a body shop when they started to show rust which is a typical rust point. The car has a large sump guard mid prop guard and rear diff guard plus a fuel line guard. Loads of receipts for all work done, all mots etc.

Bad points - a couple of small marks on the passenger door.

I know the values of these have dropped recently so any ideas what it is worth anyone?

Cheers.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
You will always have people tell you that they saw one for £3k but you need to tell them to F-OFF!!...

Personally i would sell that for £8k... Although people won't want to pay more than £6.5k for that spec...

Bit of a shame really esp considering what it costs to get the car to that spec...

Rishi

Fazz

I was going to say £5k - £5.5k .

That's going on what be got for that price...

You don't meniotn front mount but I'd say u have one?

D

DarrenJLewis

Thanks Rishi and Fazz for the feedback so far, no I don't have a front mount I still have the top mount. I did the more expensive work on it to get it tuned but stopped there. So it's ready to be taken further but up until now the engine hasn't really been stressed at all.

I'm sure there are lots of little bits I've done to the car that I've forgotten. Of course it's been serviced regularly etc.

So anything from 5-6.5k? Or does that drop a bit because I don't have a front mount? Anyone know if the modified ones take a long time to sell if they are priced ok for the market?

SickBoy

I have to agree with Fazz at 5 to 5.5K Because the engine is done but then its 1000 quid for a tubby front mount engine management unless your gonna leave it as it is but then you may as well just buy a 3K one !!!!!

Rusty arches as well a job every one hates !!!!

Sorry dude:cry:

Lee

D

DarrenJLewis

Hi Sickboy, thanks for the info. I'm just looking for realistic pricing really :)

The arches have already been done they were rusty and I got them done by a body shop that filled them in and painted them. a few months later the rust came back so I had a different body shop do it properly, cut out the wheel arch weld a new section in and respray, no surprised the rust hasn't come back since :)

So 5-5.5k is a fair price point to sell this car? I'm guessing nearer 5 if I don't want it sitting in the for sale section for ages?

Fazz

Unfortunately so mate. and I was being a tad generous.

To compare:

About 15 months ago I headed over the water and purchased.

Managed to get a :
92 - 15s, rebuild with forged pistons and 2mm head gasket, recon tubbie with 360 thrust, evo fornt mount, apexi SAFc, Apexi AVC-R, Hard Pipe Kit, Full Mongoose, Oil Catch Tank, 15" Evo R's, Lowered, Relocated Battery, and a few other bits, Mint body apart form tiny bubble on drivers arch, sunroof, turbo timer, phone kit etc etc..

All for a fair bit less than the £5-£5.5k . ( thou admittedly piston has cracked in the last few weeks and is now being rebuilt again... but seems a faulty pisotnn on instal was the issue)

pls delete this if u lik may hinder sale, but I'd say start at £5.3k ono and see what fishes are swimming!

Good luck with sale mate, does sound a sweet machine.

Dooie Pop Pop

put it up for £6500 and take six, dont let people mess you about telling you what they would pay for it because its never gonna be what its worth. if you stripped it and sold it in bits you would make more than that so why let someone mug you off.

Ian builds good engines and is well reputed, im not saying that others cant but it adds weight to your chances of a sale.

Stu

Rishi

In theory all thats needed for 450bhp:-

Injectors
GT3071R WG
FMIC

You can get all that for just over £1000

Future mods would be to replace the HKS AFC with something like a PowerFC but the above is all you really need for a monster of a car...

Decent GTiR's are hard to find... Its not like its overly easy to find a Hiteq built GTiR for sale, esp at that price... Bargin for whoever buys it....

Rishi

Dooie Pop Pop

RishiGTiR said:
Decent GTiR's are hard to find... Its not like its overly easy to find a Hiteq built GTiR for sale, esp at that price... Bargin for whoever buys it....

Rishi
totally agree, most of the available cars about today are complete sheds that usually cost the new owner serious money within months and sometimes days:shock: if someone tells you they' ve seen an R cheaper elsewhere tell em to buy that one instead:-D

Fazz

Granted on the Hi-teq issue, certainly a strong plus in your corner.

At end of day its whatever you want for it. Most would post up their price so strange that u ask, fair enough u out of the scene a while.

Mileage since rebuild - if this is low then you have a proven solid engine.

No harm in aiming high, this would be worht the 6 mark as Rishi says to the right buyer, but thats just it. The right buyer can be hard to find.

you should sell quickly at the 5k mark, or wait for correct buyer around the 6k mark. However in my experience most around the 6k mark have got bigger turbo's and front mounts which seem the only things u are missing.

Best of luck.

PS - Don't sell! I nearly did and would've regretted it. I think that it even be why the piston cracked! Teaching me a lesson!! Ha Ha!!

Dooie Pop Pop

Fazz said:
PS - Don't sell! I nearly did and would've regretted it. I think that it even be why the piston cracked! Teaching me a lesson!! Ha Ha!!
yeah iv noticed the R doesn' t take lightly to being cheated on or left standing, dont what ever you do own 2 R' s at the same time as one will end up committing suicide:shock:

put it up for £6500 and wait for someone thats looked at all the other sheds out there an knows what they are looking at;-)

or break it into bits and sell me your guards:-D

you could always keep it and just buy what what Rishi mentioned(plus an oil cooler) and i promise you it' ll feel like a new car when you have over 400bhp under your right foot:twisted: i have a fairly new hiteq engine and tbh i think its the bo***cks:-D

Rishi

I think our cars value has dropped so much as they're out the loop these days... I mean out the loop from the EVO, Scoob and GTR... I think after our top cars are proven this season it will create more demand and increase market value of these cars...

Better make sure they don't all blow up at the line then... :lol:

Rishi

Dooie Pop Pop

RishiGTiR said:
I think our cars value has dropped so much as they're out the loop these days... I mean out the loop from the EVO, Scoob and GTR... I think after our top cars are proven this season it will create more demand and increase market value of these cars...

Better make sure they don't all blow up at the line then... :lol:

Rishi
pretty much what i said before totb last year. wait till a few 10' s have been run and you may see a little more interest in the shitboxmobile.

half the problem stems from people buying them, running it into the ground and selling it on as a shed:evil: with limited numbers and more being chopped by the week it wont be long before people start calling the gtir a rarity again:shock:

D

DarrenJLewis

Hi All,

Thanks again, yea I've been out of the scene for ages I looked around the for sale section but prices seem to vary a lot so thought it was worth asking.

I'll check the rebuild receipt for the mileage since the rebuild, doubt it's huge as I only do about 3000 miles a year in it.

So around 6k if I want to wait for the right buyer or 5.3k-5.5k then for a fairly quick sale. Yep Ians rebuilds are 100% the engine in it is amazing.

Few other minor things it's got I've remembered are a few months old reconditioned starter motor, new nismo ball joints, clutch peddle support bracket, reinforced clutch release arm (from a nissan terrano) put in after the ap paddle I use to have snapped my old one. I'm sure there's more I'll have to look through my receipts and see what I've done to it in total.

I know the car is in good condition I really look after it and have talked myself out of selling several times, just after 7 years I fancied a change really. Well I'll try and write up a proper spec list for it and have another think about selling it, I'll try to price it so I'm not waiting ages for a buyer but also I'm not feeling ripped off.

Dooie pop pop the guards on my car are mental, no idea why the Japanese owner put so much under body protection, everytime someone works on my car they say they've never seen a sump guard like it, it ends at the back or the front wheels and the the mounting bar for it acts like a lower strut brace, it's also heavy so that can't help too much lol

Rishi

DarrenJLewis said:
Dooie pop pop the guards on my car are mental, no idea why the Japanese owner put so much under body protection, everytime someone works on my car they say they've never seen a sump guard like it, it ends at the back or the front wheels and the the mounting bar for it acts like a lower strut brace, it's also heavy so that can't help too much lol

Any chance you could get some pics of this under guard...

Rishi

D

DarrenJLewis

I'll have one final think about if I want to sell it, if I decide to sell I'll price it so hopefully it won't take too long to sell, I'm in no rush to get rid of it but I know I'll start dreaming of skylines lol I'm thinking I'll put it up at 5,750, kind of in the middle and see what happens.

If it doesn't go at that price the worse that can happen in I'll end up having to drive my pulsar, what torture! I know I could get more breaking it but I won't do that, there's enough of them being broken as it is.

I'm not a member yet cause as I mentioned I've been out of the scene for a while, but I've no problems paying 20 quid to post in the for sale section, it'd cost be 15 for autotrader and I'm sure I'd hit a better audience here. If anyone is genuinely interested let me know, if I decide to sell it and sell it through the forum I'll become a member either way as it'd be good to keep in touch :)

D

DarrenJLewis

Rishi - sorry I posted before I read your post, yea I'll see if I can get some pics for you. Anyone who has worked on my car here wanna comment on my sump guard? lol