curbed the R! positive camber!

akchang

i was rallying the R on a snowy street and got a little close to an edge while drifting a corner. i ended up tagging the curb pretty good with my drivers side rear wheel. now the wheel has a bit of positive camber and i noticed sound/vibration while making left turns under speed. i looked at the control arms and they dont seem to be bent so i am wondering if i can adjust the rear control arm out to correct the problem. anyone have experience with this? what can i expect to be messed up by this incident? visually i cant find anything except the angle of the wheel. thanks for any help/advise.

stumo

you've probibly bent the strut (the shock absorber) if none of the lower arms are bent.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Could have bent the shock, ARB, subframe and rear end of car... Get it all checked out properly...

Rishi

akchang

took everything off. the shock seems nice and straight and cycles well. i guess it could only be a very minute and unoticeable bend. out of the two rear control arms only the rear one is adjustable. this will change my toe-in if i mess with it at all wont it? i think it will decrease camber but i dont want rear toe in. it seems the problem must be a slightly bent strut. or perhaps the control arms are slightly but not noticeably bent as well. anyone else venture a guess?

stumo

The adjusting rod will do the toe.

What's the camber angle like of the other side? I can't see this happening but if everything is straight and the wheel on the other side has way more negative camber than it should have then the subframe could have been moved, causing one side to have pos camber and the other to have more neg. Like i said i doubt this has happened.

I would recheck the straightness of the strut (and everything else, including the hub carrier), it doesn't need to be bent much for it to have an effect.

akchang

im guessing its the strut that is bent a little. i couldnt tell if it was bent even after removing it but we will see. ive got some Tein HA coilovers on the way so hopefully that will fix the problem. wish me well!