Creeking noise behind dash??

J

Jonny H

Just drove to my gf's house and noticed a creeking noise coming from behind the dash when i push the clutch pedal! Ive never noticed this before up until now.....Any ideas? Ive had a clutch support bracket on the car since ive had it...

Any help appreciated!

Jonny 8)

c20ona

I've had a clutch bracket fitted and changed the entire clutch master system too and still have the creak as well. Go figure eh. :?

Kenny

A

AZ STE

They can still creak even with the support bracket on id take the pivot bolt out and give it a good greasing .

J

Jonny H

Ok guys, bit of a brain teaser now! I dont think its the clutch thats the problem......when i press the clutch pedal it does start creeking behind the dash HOWEVER....the creeking also happens when i turn the steering wheel! :?

hmmm

This may sound strange but is a definate possibility as I've seen this before. It may be your seat that's creaking.

Only way to test this is move around in your seat while the car is off, or simulate turning the steering wheel and driving :shock: :wink: :lol:.

J

Jonny H

Re: ...

hmmm said:
This may sound strange but is a definate possibility as I've seen this before. It may be your seat that's creaking.

Only way to test this is move around in your seat while the car is off, or simulate turning the steering wheel and driving :shock: :wink: :lol:.
:lol: You numpty! :lol:

No its definately not my seat! :roll: :lol:

O

Olly

If the clutch pivot on the release arm goes dry it can creak and it can be felt through the pedal, creaking away, pull the boot up and grease it easist with slave cylinder un bolted. :wink: