crap removal

J

Jonno

Depends what it is they used, I normally use brake or carburettor cleaner and a rag which usually does the trick, does no harm to the paintwork neither :wink:

gtir303

if u ent got n e of the try getin sum tar & glu remover. i no auto glym do sum & im sure a body shop wud giv u a drop!!

JU5TY

I used Auto Glym Intensive Tar Remover. But took a while and I had no finger nails left when I was done!

On the subject of de-badgeing, I took my rear Nissan badge off and there was a very slight ring around it, almost like the badge had been put on before the paint was 100% dry. So had to buy another badge! So be careful...

N

NEIL R

Try a hairdryer :wink: .

Warming it makes it go soft and sticky then i used watered down thinners.

and youve seen mine so you know it works.

JIMMYBACK

JU5TY said:
I used Auto Glym Intensive Tar Remover. But took a while and I had no finger nails left when I was done!

On the subject of de-badgeing, I took my rear Nissan badge off and there was a very slight ring around it, almost like the badge had been put on before the paint was 100% dry. So had to buy another badge! So be careful...
if thats the case ill just polish it out my badges look shote their letting the rest of the car down :oops:

JU5TY

jimmybackb said:
if thats the case ill just polish it out
I tried that with cutting polish, rather than removing the ring of black paint, it took the top coat of paint off leaving a white ring still! So had no choice but to put another badge on.
Think in my case if I want it debadged I will have to get the boot lid painted, isn't a massive problem as I may get it de-locked at some point.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I tried that auto glyms tar remover to remove tar, I ain't gonna use it again cos it fooked my paint work for ages. It left it all cloudy where I'd used it. It polished out for a while then came back :evil: