crankshaft

davey red.r

hello, do any lads want to enlighten me on the the behavior of the crankshaft when its on its way out just i can smell like crank gasses when the car gets up to operating temp.
it then ticks over very low say bout 600 from 1100 when cold,
also has a miss when pulling away, goes on acceleration:?
your advise would be helpful thanx davey;-)

J

jpward

davey red.r said:
hello, do any lads want to enlighten me on the the behavior of the crankshaft when its on its way out just i can smell like crank gasses when the car gets up to operating temp.
it then ticks over very low say bout 600 from 1100 when cold,
also has a miss when pulling away, goes on acceleration:?
your advise would be helpful thanx davey;-)
Click

Thats what its like when it is fooked :cry:

When you say gasses what kind off gasses??

Do you mean a petrol kind off gas if so possibly blow by which indicates rings/piston?
OR more exhaust fumes would indicate manifold gasket leak which could cause idle problems

But it is still not enough information what’s your oil pressure/temps
Have you checked for a vacuum leak yet?

davey red.r

yes checked the obvious, jst been out again, black smoke here we go again engine out 3 times in 2 year :evil: :evil: cheers for pic lionel;-)

davey red.r

oh oh that looks just like my readings:evil: do you still posses the knife edge crank?think it was u lionel?cheers davey;-)

P

pulsarboby

if the cranks knackered then it will have a distinct bonk bonk heavy knock!
dont jump to conclusions davey it may not be a bigend, unless you have low oil pressure accompanied by an oil light (sometimes)

get someone local whos a trusted mechanic to look at it before you start talking about buying cranks etc;-)

davey red.r

cheers bob no im not rushing into it mate ,no knocking sound im just jumping to conclusions again:lol: shes gettin seen to soon cheers davey

davey red.r

black smoke is only visible when at operating temps cheers davey;-)

when cold runs fine no unburnt fuel:sad: and no misfire;-)