Crank Seal

P

pulsarboby

thats correct sam, however youll find that part much cheaper at any motor factors or even nissan come to that

P

pulsarboby

its fairly easy sam as long as you can get the crank pulley off all ok

P

pulsarboby

no, just remove the pulley and flip the old seal out, put some grease around the new one and tap it in squarely with an old socket

make sure theres no rough edges around the inner part of pulley that runs around seal or itll tear it apart in no time.
we generally run a bit of 400 wet n dry round the inner part of pulley so its all nice and clean

Tim

Clean surfaces and having the seal in squarely is key to this, I tried and failed on a number of occasions with this task before eventually handing in the towel.

Also, get a proper pulley puller, not a claw otherwise you'll damage the pulley or do what i did and punch a hole in the side of the oil pump housing. :lol:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
just a question, was/is the seal leaking ? i was just wondering why you want to change the seal when your only removing the front pulley ? as removing the pulley if done correctly shouldn't damage the seal......

samgtr

Thanks for the part number, the seal is leaking and is annoying and has been on my to do list for a long time.

sam

dobby

Make sure you get the metal ring that sits behind the seal as it will leak like hell if you dont. I did this about two months back and didnt bother with the ring and it was pissing out oil. Very luckily I was taking pictures of the new wheels when I noticed or it would have blown my engine up.