Crank/bearing questions

IrishDan

Hi guys iv got a crank that i presume needs ground one of the journels is quite coppery looking, now i need to no the standard jurnal diameter before i get it measured,
now next problem, iv been told get 0.025 ground off it and get the .25 undersized bearings,
now then, ACL only list .25undersize MAIN bearings i cant find undersize BIGENDS?????

help/advice please!:shock:
cheers Dan

IrishDan

thanks mate,
been on the fone with a local crank grounding place and he said he needs to the standard journal diameters before he can ground it????

jjs

if it is just coppery may be lucky and get away with a polish, worth checking out .

P

pulsarboby

il let you know in a couple days as im having a crank ground at the mo. il ask the engineer what standard crank size is when i collect it.
he has a book with all the crank diameters etc, surprised the guy whos doing yours does not have this info!

IrishDan

Thanks Bob cant stress enough how helpfull that would be, thank you
the guy doing it deal mostly with classics and is rated very highly round my way but his books didnt list the R suprise suprise lol

stumo

Thanks Bob cant stress enough how helpfull that would be, thank you
the guy doing it deal mostly with classics and is rated very highly round my way but his books didnt list the R suprise suprise lol
Is it listed under Sunny?

IrishDan

Thank you ever so much i can get it ground and get on with building it back up now lifesaver!!!:thumbsup:
Itl be back to boost shortly8)
Cheers again Dan