couple of questions

Danny S R

hey all,

couple of things,

firstly when listening to WRC cars the noise the make when the come off the throttle like a chittering sound what is that? how would u get an R to sound like that?

and secondly lookin to buy an R around May next year and gone auto trader and theres a few on for £3000! they look ok (i know u cant tell without lookin at em) and a few have mods on, are these average prices? i was lookin to spend £5000?!

Cheers

Dan

A

AZ STE

I think the noise is an external wastegate yes it can be done but it costs, with respect to £3000 in autotrader id say stay well clear.Get as much info on GTiRs and what to look for Before you part with your cash or you could be Very sorry :wink:

R

rsnissan

thats not the external wastegate that turbo chatter its where the boost is forced back through the turbo when the wastegate is closed.

Try runnin without a BOV and your R will sound the same. I reckon it sounds better than any BOV

J

Jon T

I've got a chatter louder than the Bov I have.

Internal wastegates are quite loud too I'd have said?

Danny S R

so the R sounds like that as standard then? why was this post moved i didnt see this as a problem that needed solving?

O

Odin

For £3000 your not gonna get a very good R well not
inless your very very lucky do you feel lucky punk :lol:
sorry I couldn't help myself :oops: , Anyway if your paying
that sort of money get it checked out by someone that knows
the R :wink: .

A

AZ STE

I thought a BOV was to keep the turbo spooling in between gears so removing it will stall the turbo which I couldnt imagine Peugeot WRC doing? unless there is a benefit

R

rsnissan

I dont really want to hijack this thread as this was done to death before. The spinning between the gears thing is a marketing ploy IMHO..............u only really need a BOV on a turbo that runs so much boost that the turbine blades would be affected by the boost coming back through like a T4 or something.

WRC cars dont run BOV's the noise your hearing is the boost going back through the turbo. I think the only reason most smaller trubos are fitted with recirc valves is cuz the noise of the chatter or a VTA BOV would not be desireable on a road car.