Couple of problems.....

C

charlie

First problem- had a bit of a hard launch (i dont often and this is why) immedeaely after i developed a rattle/knock which sounds like its coming from something knocking against the bulkhead. Rear engine mount? If so how difficult and who has one? :D

Secondly, hesitation problems- these I guess come down to maintenance. Car runs really lumpy on boost but only sometimes! Sensor problems too? Intend to change plugs, leads, dizzy cap and arm, fuel filter, oils and filter etc before the car goes back on the road. Anything else?

Help appreciated!

Cheers chaps 8)

A

AJ4

Sorry to say this... but are you sure the knocking isn't a big end gone ? :shock: I doubt the engine would be able to travel far enough to physically hit the bulkhead if it was an engine mount... :(

For the hesitation, I'll ask the obvious and say have you done a fault code check ? :D Probably a good service will sort it out. I had a bit of a hesitation problem on mine not long after I bought it, took the fuel filter off and I couldn't even blow through it :( It was probably the original one from 1992 :D New filter cured it.

zia

worn link mount's can cause knocking when launching and decelarating. check engine and gearbox mount's for cracking /flex. check that fuel filter is not loose and out of it holder.

zia

C

charlie

Right, I'll give it a service and see what happens. Deffinately to fuel filter too. It's certainly not big-ends causing the rattle. It isn't engine speed related and i can physically feel it knocking through the floor.

I'll check the mounts as zia says. Could you tell me how many and where they would be?

Cheers

antgtir

Whilst your under the car check that the exhaust is sitting in the correct position and thats not causing the knocking.

Ant.