coppers **** me off!

S

slammed_gtir

just been pulled by the two bigist arsehole coppers ive even met in my life power tripping bastards, they both quite clearly hate perfomance cars and spoke to me like shit they were complaing about the loudness of the exhaust giving me the whole 'do you think people in this town should have to put up with it' and 'do you personnaly think its ok to drive cars like this on the road' what the fuk!? then if i said owt back they were like 'well i can see were gonna get into an argument about this...' honistly i wanted to kill them.

so can some one tell me is there quieter systems availible in a 3" bore straight thru?

can i get buy one of those things i can plug in to my tailpipe for driving at night round town?

cheers lads

N

Ninja_tune_factory

what sizs is your tail pipe as i have a 4" bung for a Apexi N1 exhaust and it could be moded to fit

S

slammed_gtir

5" mate do they make a difference? can you buy them seperate?

F

Fusion Ed

You could definately make a bung for the exhaust using parts from an exhaust shop, or have a custom exhaust place fit some silencers in the pipework.

N

Ninja_tune_factory

yer we sell them seperate , i put the one i have in my N1 exhauts and it sounded shit realy shit so i never used it agen but it dus stop the window for ratling when its sat out side the house LOL

mattygti-r

apexi do an exhuast control valve (evc) fits in the exhuast its like a flap

basically makes the car v quiet if needed

lakeview

its possibly that they were from scotland and as ive found scottish coppers are the biggest scum on the planet

PaulB

W@nkers like arent they. Tell him to go pull over and nick every fooker who rides around on a harley, coz there loud and pi$$ me right off.

S

slammed_gtir

ive searched the net for the apexi exhaust valve and cant find one anyone got a link.

theres an artical in the local paper about police clamping down in northumberland on boy racers etc so they were basically stereo typing me because of the sort of car i drive they werent alnwick police they were from some where else prob cos other coppers didnt want to do it and theyre the sad bastards that get something out of it.

nimhbk

hey

we are not all that bad... they might of been having a bad day... we all know what that is like... mate wrong place at the wrong time... if you only knew the amount of calls a switch board gets with complaints about chaved up cars....it would p** you off...:-D

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
I've got a goose on mine and had a run-in with the police about it, but tbh, if you keep off boost/revving then it should burble nicely though built up area's.;-)

I've got respect for the local plod in my area and I treat them with the same kind of respect that I would want in return from them. 9/10 times I get that when I speak to them. Power trip or not, show them your confident, but not arrogant and they will be fine back to you, "please" "thankyou" it makes their job easier and therefore easier on you!

Apart from that stick a bung in it ;-)

Last edited:
S

slammed_gtir

nimhbk said:
we are not all that bad... they might of been having a bad day... we all know what that is like... mate wrong place at the wrong time... if you only knew the amount of calls a switch board gets with complaints about chaved up cars....it would p** you off...:-D
Mate i know that, my uncles a traffic copper hes sound just like most the traffic coppers. A couple stopped me the other week and all they said was when they seen the exhaust was "bet that wasnt cheap" so i had a crack with them and they just said if i want to give the car some just make sure its out of town.

Respect to them, no respect to the ones that treat me like shit.

I totally agree with speaking to them as you would like to be spoken to but i was talked down to like a dog and made to feel like a prick because of the car that i drive and thats what i dont like.

marcus_g

i got a 3" system from tub back de cated and i've only had it mentioned to me once by a copper, but i never gun it through residential areas etc, just ask them next time "would you pull over a tvr" that usually stumps them and i find traffic cops are more clued up than your run of the mill bobby