Cooling air & oil.

P

Pascal

Right, most of my cooling related parts have finally arrived. The intercooler core is 2.75" thick, which will allow me to set it back nicely and retain the front bumper's stock look. It's black, and I'll add black mesh grille in the bumper too, going for stealth as much as possible.

With that I've got the GREX SR20DET oil cooler and filter relocation kit that's going in, complete with external oil thermostat to make sure everything runs smoothly. Was taken off a Silvia, it's in pretty good shape. Let's hope the hoses are long enough. Will have to fabricate a few brackets, nothing dramatic. The remote oil filter plate has ports for my oil pressure and oil temp gauge as well, which is a nice feature, Earl's fittings all around.

Anybody use this oil cooler / relocation kit before? Just wondering what fitment issues I'm going to run into, as it's not R specific. :doh:

Last edited by a moderator:
O

Odin

That wont work on the R, No idea where you think the filter is going to go lol.

You would need two 45 degree elbows coming out of the blanking plate, And the hoses would need to be a lot longer to get to the front of the car, And the filter housing would need placing up front somewhere.

You could modify it to fit with longer hoses and some new fittings though.

Rob

P

Pascal

Odin said:
That wont work on the R, No idea where you think the filter is going to go lol.

You would need two 45 degree elbows coming out of the blanking plate, And the hoses would need to be a lot longer to get to the front of the car, And the filter housing would need placing up front somewhere.

You could modify it to fit with longer hoses and some new fittings though.
Rob
Thanks for the input Rob. That's what I was expecting to find, being that in the Silvia the engine is transverse and the filter would sit right next to the frame rail... I'm still going to wait till I get under the car to check it out though. Fittings and hoses are not a big problem, it's the plate, remote mount and thermostat that I was lusting over. I got the whole setup for less than the price of a new Mocal plate and remote mount. :p

P

Pascal

CanadianR said:
if it does fit, sign me up for one in the spring and where you got it from.
I really doubt it will fit without being modified. If you search for that kit on the net you'll find it, but it's extremely expensive. I lucked out with a local club member who had picked it up at a JDM import shop.