Confused

P

PaddyPower

People. i had my boost turned up last on tusday and all was hunky doory. Then when i got home the car went bannanna's. After running about in it, normally on 1 bar(but not sure if it has happened on standard boost) the car cuts out at 2000rpm. :shock:

At first i thought it was something to do with the lose sensor on my air filter, but now i think otherwise.

Then i thought is the car getting to hot when running on uprated boost, but then i thought all my gauages are reading the same as they did before the problem, and also lots of peropl run 1 bar on a standard ic?

Any sugestions? As long as i keep below 2000rpm it runs fine? Have done 30mph in 5th all the way home! Every now and then it jumps above 2k and boosts up fine. Me confused as always. :oops:

SOMEONE PLEASE COME TO MY AID. I AM AM NOT BOTHERED ABOUT BEGGING

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Try doing an ecu fault code check, if it goes into safe mode it limits you to 2400. Although that's abit above what you're getting, your rev counter may be out :?

P

PaddyPower

Can someone please explain this limp mode? When it has gone into this before it felt a bit differant. How do you disengage limp mode? What would have sent it in there?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
PaddyPower said:
How do you disengage limp mode? What would have sent it in there?
You cure the fault to disengage it :wink: and you do the fault code check to tell you what sent it there and therefore what you need to be looking at to fix it :)

It basically works on a set of preset conditions to allow the car to be driven.

P

PaddyPower

Right faults are as follows.

12 - Air flow meter circuit

43 - Throtle sensor circuit

As the problems have only occured since the installation of the boost controller, would this be the cause?

I know i have a loose air flow sensor plug, but i have secured that and the fault is still showing? :roll:

Any ideas on what may have caused this or how to remidy?

Would the wiring to the ecu have caused it? shouldnt do should it as a) the unit is working fine and b) i drove a good 50 miles before the unit was set up fine?

So upsetting.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
You could always try putting it back to standard (if it's not too bigger job) and see it that cures it.
As it's just started, it could well be the wiring that's caused it. :?

P

PaddyPower

Any reasons how the wiring would effect it? It was all soldered proper like?

Only happens after running it for about 10 mins?

Shaun

:D Hi mate,how was it soldered :?: Was it spliced or cut and soldered :?: Either way it would be worth double checking the wiring incase the loom got trapped anywhere putting stress on the connections :wink: Also an easy way to check that the TPS is working is to go into the sensor check menu on the AVCR and put your foot on the throttle,if its connected properly it sould respond :wink: And as you said with the MAF,just make sure your plug hasnt come loose,then re-set the ECU and try again.

Hope this helps :D .

P

PaddyPower

Shaun said:
:D Hi mate,how was it soldered :?: Was it spliced or cut and soldered :?: Either way it would be worth double checking the wiring incase the loom got trapped anywhere putting stress on the connections :wink: Also an easy way to check that the TPS is working is to go into the sensor check menu on the AVCR and put your foot on the throttle,if its connected properly it sould respond :wink: And as you said with the MAF,just make sure your plug hasnt come loose,then re-set the ECU and try again.

Hope this helps :D .
#

Very helpfull, but how do you reset the ecu?

P

PaddyPower

With regards to the wiring, i cut and then soldered the joints. Is that the correct way of doing things.

Checked the readings on the avcr and when the car is running ok the throttle response is as should be. But then on other occasions, i will have my foot down and the car will be at high revs and the display shows 15% throtle? What is going on here?

Shaun

:D Hi Paddy,the wiring can be done either way,its just that if you splice it,the wire to the ECU stay's in one piece (just remove 10mm of outer casing)and you then solder the end of the AVCR(or anyother device)loom to the stripped wire,therefore if any wire was to seperate the ECU would still get a good signal but the device would play up making it safer and easier to track down the problem :wink: I would definately re-check your connection as it seems to be an intermittent fault on the wiring from your description :D

Hope this helps :D

P

PaddyPower

Cheers. i will post the settings up tomorrow as i dont know them off by heart as got a tuner to set it up for me and i am about to go out for a bit. will chuck them up latter tonight or tomoz.

P

PaddyPower

Fast Guy said:
PaddyPower said:
How do you disengage limp mode? What would have sent it in there?
You cure the fault to disengage it :wink: and you do the fault code check to tell you what sent it there and therefore what you need to be looking at to fix it :)

It basically works on a set of preset conditions to allow the car to be driven.
Fast guy or anyone else. Did the fault checks and that pointed to 2 things the throtle circuit and the airflow circuit. The air flow is fine, a clip comes lose every now and then and just needs to be poped back in place securly.

I took the ecu out to double check the wiring of the avcr and found that a wire, which in fact was the throtle conection was under a bit of stress. I tdied it up checked all other conections and replaced the ecu making sure all wires were happy and free. When i switched the car on, the avcr unit showed the correct readings when the accelerator was depressed where as before it was reading 10% when fully open.
From what i can see, the fualt seems to have been curred, but then i did a fualt check to confirm this and the same codes come up.

My question is. Does this mean that the fault is still there, or does the it have to be reset after the fault is repaired and then if it comes up agian then you know it is not corrected properly.

P

PaddyPower

Fault code 55 mother fudger!

All because of a little traped cable. :oops: